Not open for further replies.

Jobu

Nov 17, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Another quiet day on NHL labour front

Canadian Press

2/7/2005

TORONTO (CP) - It was another quiet day on the NHL labour front.

Sources within the league and NHL Players' Association confirmed there had been no communication Monday and that the two sides haven't spoken to each other since last Friday's talks broke off.

The NHL lockout reached its 145th day and has wiped out 797 games of the 1,230 games on the 2004-05 regular-season schedule.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
cool, only 433 more games need to be cancelled before bettman officially cancels the season. or will he. he sure is clever !

:shakehead

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I hope all owners and players get hemoroids from sitting on their asses too long.

Edit: Sorry, this should probably have gone in the "Rant of the day" thread. Oh well..

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
hawker14 said:
cool, only 433 more games need to be cancelled before bettman officially cancels the season. or will he. he sure is clever !

:shakehead

The season won't ever be officially cancelled, the NHL think cancelling the season could cause them problems in the courts down the line.

They'll just let the season slowly slide away, with no official announcement.

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
well, you see, the thing about adding 433 onto the 797 already cancelled is that it equals the entire season! Hawker was being humerous. I thought it was clever anyway

Crazy Lunatic

John Flyers Fan said:
The season won't ever be officially cancelled, the NHL think cancelling the season could cause them problems in the courts down the line.

They'll just let the season slowly slide away, with no official announcement.

Daly said there will be a cancellation announcement. I just wish it would have happened already.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
Crazy Lunatic said:
Daly said there will be a cancellation announcement. I just wish it would have happened already.

I don't really get this attitude, and I hear it all the time. People should realize that when the season gets cancelled, there will likely not be squat done in negotiations until december. IMO the only possibility that we see hockey next October is if they don't call the season, and if Bettman and Goodenow keep having their last minute meetings.

Crazy Lunatic

oil slick said:
I don't really get this attitude, and I hear it all the time. People should realize that when the season gets cancelled, there will likely not be squat done in negotiations until december. IMO the only possibility that we see hockey next October is if they don't call the season, and if Bettman and Goodenow keep having their last minute meetings.

I don't want a bastardized shortened season. I would much rather the players suffer for a year and get it through their thick skulls that the NHL is a bush league and players can't make 12 million dollars a year.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Crazy Lunatic said:
I don't want a bastardized shortened season. I would much rather the players suffer for a year and get it through their thick skulls that the NHL is a bush league and players can't make 12 million dollars a year.
not one single player makes 12 million. quit with your cliche's.

the fact is, the NHL on the ice is the only benefit to the fans. whether the players make $12.00 or $12,000,000.00 has no bearing on us.

dr

Brent Burns Beard