Another Mock Draft

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'm bored so I decided to make a mock draft.

1. Edmonton Oilers - Adam Larsson
Position: D
Height/Weight: 6'3 220
Team: Skelleftea (SEL)

2. Ottawa Senators - Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Position: C
Height/Weight: 6'0 170
Team: Red Deer Rebels (WHL)

3. New York Islanders: Gabriel Landeskog
Position: LW
Height/Weight: 6'1 210
Team: Kitchener Rangers (OHL)

4. New Jersey Devils: Sean Couturier
Height/Weight: 6'4 200
Team: Drummondville Voltegiers (QMJHL)

5. Boston Bruins: Dougie Hamilton
Height/Weight: 6'3 180
Team: Niagra Ice Dogs (OHL)

6. Colorado Avalanche: Duncan Siemens
Height/Weight: 6'3 190
Team: Saskatoon Blades (WHL)

7. Florida Panthers: Jonathan Huberdeau
Height/Weight: 6'1 170
Team: Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)

8. Atlanta Thrashers: Ryan Strome
Height/Weight: 6'1 185
Team: Niagra Ice Dogs (OHL)

9. Buffalo Sabres: Tyler Biggs
Position: RW
Height/Weight: 6'2 200
Team: US NTDP

10. St.Louis Blues: Joel Armia
Height/Weight: 6'3 180
Team: Assat (FIN)

11. Carolina Hurricanes: Brandon Saad
Height/Weight: 6'2 200
Team: Saginaw Spirit (OHL)

12. Columbus Blue Jackets: Ryan Murphy
Height/Weight: 5'11 165
Team: Kitchener Rangers (OHL)

13. Chicago Blackhawks: Matt Puempel
Height/Weight: 6'0 195
Team: Peterbrough Petes (OHL)

14. New York Rangers: Alexander Khokhlachev
Height/Weight: 5'10 170
Team: Windsor Spitfires (OHL)

15. Minnesota Wild: Sven Bartschi
Height/Weight: 5'10 185
Team: Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

16. Calgary Flames: Mark McNeill
Height/Weight: 6'2 210
Team: Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)

17. Anaheim Ducks: Nathan Beaulieu
Team: Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)

18. Los Angeles Kings: Ty Rattie
Team: Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

19. Dallas Stars: David Musil
Height/Weight: 6'3 190
Team: Vancouver Giants (WHL)

20. Montreal Canadiens Mika Zibanejad
Height/Weight: 6'1 185
Team: Djurgardens IF (SWE)

21. Ottawa Senators: Nicklas Jensen
Position: 6'2 190
Height/Weight: LW
Team: Oshawa Generals (OHL)

22. Washington Capitals: Scott Mayfield
Height/Weight: 6'4 190
Team: Youngstown (USHL)

23. San Jose Sharks: Jonas Brodin
Height/Weight: 6'1 170
Team: Farjestad (SWE)

24. Phoenix Coyotes: Mark Scheifele
Height/Weight: 6'2 180
Team: Barrie Colts (OHL)

25. Toronto Maple Leafs: Jamieson Oleksiak
Height/Weight: 6'7 240
Team: Northeastern (H-EAST)

26. Tampa Bay Lightning: Rickard Rackell
Height/Weight: 6'1 190
Team: Plymouth Whalers (OHL)

27. Pittsburgh Penguins: Shane Prince
Height/Weight: 5'10 185
Team: Ottawa 67's (OHL)

28. Detroit Red Wings: Victor Rask
Height/Weight: 6'2 190
Team: Leksands (Swe)

29. Toronto Maple Leafs: Jonathan Miller
Height/Weight: 6'1 190
Team: US U-18

30. Vancouver Canucks: Boone Jenner
Height/Weight: 6'1 193
Team: Oshawa Generals (OHL)

Honourable Mentions: Seth Ambroz, Joe Morrow, Zach Phillips, Daniel Catenacci, Myles Bell, Vladislav Namnestikov

Thoughts/Suggestions?

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I like it for the most part. Siemens is too high I think though.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Solid. There are many people here that think Murphy is gonna fall like Fowler.

I've also done a mock draft, but I'll wait with posting mine because there have been too many of latest (even though I like reading other peoples opinions).

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I'm really intrigued by these mocks that have Murphy up in the 12 range. Does anyone really think he'll fall that much? Not complaining bc I'd love to have him.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Namestinkov is a first round pick. Not sure where he'll go, would like the Hawks to take him.. but he's not going to fall to the 2nd, IMO.

arsmaster*

I think the Leafs make out like gangbusters with Oleksiak and Miller in round 1.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
17. Anaheim Ducks: Nathan Beaulieu

Good list. I enjoyed the read.

Curious, though, as to why you had the Ducks select a defensman? The Ducks have a great crop of defenseman prospects and are weak in top end forwards. If going by your draft and the players avaible to the Ducks, Jensen or Zibanijad seem more likely. Just food for thought.

R S

Sep 18, 2006

Curious, though, as to why you had the Ducks select a defensman? The Ducks have a great crop of defenseman prospects and are weak in top end forwards. If going by your draft and the players avaible to the Ducks, Jensen or Zibanijad seem more likely. Just food for thought.

I agree for sure.

arsmaster*

Jenner for the Canucks suits the 'character' and 'intelligence' quotient that Gillis so highly regards, but I think his foot speed to closely resembles Hodgson's. I think they want a skilled winger like Jaskin if available or a big skating winger like Lucia, although I know the Canucks dont like his father as a player developer.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

Just looking at their prospect pool I honestly thought the complete opposite. We all know Getzlaf, Ryan, Perry are going to be there for a while. Etem, Palmieri and Holland can probably turn out to be good 2nd line guys. Aside from Fowler and Sbisa and maybe Vatanen too I don't see much for potential top 4 guys and the Ducks blueline is already pretty old. Also, Beaulieu is probably the best player available at that point IMO. Maybe switching Zibanejad and Beaulieu would make more sense.

Afro Thunder*

From the sens prospective, I hope we move the 20th pick and move to top 10 to pick up another center like Strome or Huberdeau.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
This is the second mock draft I've seen on here where the Pens select Shane Prince. I hope both mock drafts are dead wrong. I'm not sold on Prince being more than your typical high scoring junior who doesn't translate to a point producer at the NHL level.

I'd rather the Pens take someone preferably with more of a goal scoring touch, and who has a bit more size to them.

If they're just going to select someone like Prince, then I'd rather the Pens use their 1st round pick as part of a package to bring in an established NHL winger (ie. a Booth, Penner, or Hemsky) rather than keep it.

Anchor Town*

Would definitely like it if Detroit took Rask late in the 1st. He needs more time than others but Detroit is definitely the organization to let him take his time. Plus with all the swedes they already have it would make an easier transition across the pond

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Just looking at their prospect pool I honestly thought the complete opposite. We all know Getzlaf, Ryan, Perry are going to be there for a while. Etem, Palmieri and Holland can probably turn out to be good 2nd line guys. Aside from Fowler and Sbisa and maybe Vatanen too I don't see much for potential top 4 guys and the Ducks blueline is already pretty old. Also, Beaulieu is probably the best player available at that point IMO. Maybe switching Zibanejad and Beaulieu would make more sense.

Sami Vatanen, Justin Schultz, Mat Clark, and Mark Mitera all have top 4 potential and that is not including Fowler or Sbisa.

On Beaulieu, I do not think he should be that high. If the Ducks were to pick defenseman and they were going by your draft, I believe they would choose Scott Mayfield, Jamie Oleksiak, and David Musil before Beaulieu. To add to that, the fact that Ty Rattie would be available would be just to good to pass up. Looking at your list, I would probably have at least 8 players ahead of Beaulieu. However, that is just my opinion. I would be curious to know your thoughts on Beaulieu, though. Maybe I'm underestimating him.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Sami Vatanen, Justin Schultz, Mat Clark, and Mark Mitera all have top 4 potential and that is not including Fowler or Sbisa.

Vatanen, Schultz, OK. Clark, possibly.

But I just don't see top 4 potential in Mitera. He was drafted five years ago and isn't even, as far as I know, a top 4 defenseman on an AHL club yet, to say nothing of the NHL.

Mitera's potential to completely bust is far greater than his potential to even be a depth NHL defenseman at this point, I think.

waingr0

May 14, 2010
I'm liking the Leaf pick: Jamieson Oleksiak.

Dion Phaneuf: 6'3 - 215
Keith Aulie: 6'5 - 220
Luke Schenn: 6'2 - 230
Jamieson Oleksiak: 6'7 - 240

Average size of the 4 defenders: 6'4 - 226 :naughty:

(assuming he turns into a good NHLer...etc etc)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad