Another Hard Hitting Interview from Alfie

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
Don't worry guys I can translate!

"I always felt that there was only room for one stache in Ottawa and Murray said it wasn't mine. I did the honorable thing and left for the sake of my facial hair.

#FreeMika"

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Melnyk should be ashamed of himself. His days are numbered if this is true.

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
The one thing that is clear to me is that he had thought about this for a long time. There is no way that he was 100% a Senator, then in a few days of fielding offers was 100% a signed Detroit Red Wing. These major changes take time, and their is his family to think of as well. Sorry, but I do not buy it. He must have long ago decided that he would go to Detroit or one of the other contenders.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Interesting interview from Snet with Alfie. Especially at the end where he talks about his ''probably not'' comment last year in the playoffs.

Lonnie Loach

Feb 2, 2004
New York, NY
Kronwall was interviewed on TV after a game earlier this season, specifically about the recruitment of Alfie, and mentioned that Zetterberg started recruiting him weeks before July 1. That's the most honest comment I've heard among all the b.s.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster
The one thing that is clear to me is that he had thought about this for a long time. There is no way that he was 100% a Senator, then in a few days of fielding offers was 100% a signed Detroit Red Wing. These major changes take time, and their is his family to think of as well. Sorry, but I do not buy it. He must have long ago decided that he would go to Detroit or one of the other contenders.

When he picked up that puck right after the playoffs he had already made up his mind imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->