Another Downie Incident

DXFlyers

Jun 15, 2005
Those actions is simple tauting and get the wimp fired up. Did the wolve cry wolf, no. Was there blood, no. Did he get hurt, no. Did the Wolve player skate back to the bench looking like a jack---, probably. I dont care what u say about Downie, u would welcome him to your team in a heartbeat. He is tough, gritty and can score. On top of that he can really get under peoples skin. And those 2 players were not the ones throwing the punches, the players by the net were. Leave him alone. When he does graduate in the NHL, he knows that league is way more disciplined than the OHL. He would have gotten away with those actions if he was in the AHL. Quit the Downie bashing. It is getting really really old now.

Sammy*

DXFlyers said:
Those actions is simple tauting and get the wimp fired up. Did the wolve cry wolf, no. Was there blood, no. Did he get hurt, no. Did the Wolve player skate back to the bench looking like a jack---, probably. I dont care what u say about Downie, u would welcome him to your team in a heartbeat. He is tough, gritty and can score. On top of that he can really get under peoples skin. And those 2 players were not the ones throwing the punches, the players by the net were. Leave him alone. When he does graduate in the NHL, he knows that league is way more disciplined than the OHL. He would have gotten away with those actions if he was in the AHL. Quit the Downie bashing. It is getting really really old now.

Quit being the apologists for the idiot.. It is getting really really old now.

priceperlb*

Oct 8, 2005
pucks1 said:
Syracuse Crunch- Jr.A Oha - Was teamates with Rob Schremp and Matt Affurey- Rink Bassed in fulton Ny. If you really think im full of S*** you can pm me and ill give u my name so u can do ur research.

None of which proves anything. Or would. Post the video and find a way to ensure it's really you. Then move on to a wonderful career of writing fiction for money.

"Tall Tales by Pucks1".
"It was the middle of the second period. Our eyes met. Met in that way that both of us knew some unwritten rule had been broken. I had to have him, in the worst way!..............." Feel free to use it. :biglaugh:

Sammy*

Stranger said:
None of which proves anything. Or would. Post the video and find a way to ensure it's really you. Then move on to a wonderful career of writing fiction for money.

"Tall Tales by Pucks1".
"It was the middle of the second period. Our eyes met. Met in that way that both of us knew some unwritten rule had been broken. I had to have him, in the worst way!..............." Feel free to use it. :biglaugh:
Geez, if you exert a little bit of brain power (tough, I know) you could figure out you could pm him, then confirm his name with the game sheet of the game he is referring to as well as the rosters of the teams he says he played with Schremp et al.
I know it doesnt fit into the paradigm of those who defend the idiot Downie, but it works.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
Sammy said:
Quit being the apologists for the idiot.. It is getting really really old now.

Old? If something is getting old on this forum it's the masses of uninformed posters quick to jump on whatever side of the story they hear or see first.

People wonder why the game is becoming a ***** sport...it has to do with the fans, and if you need any more explanation read this thread.

Downie did nothing out of the ordinary, nothing flagrant, and really nothing all that serious. He tapped the guy on the cheek, and hacked his skate. Jesus christ Ryan Smyth has done both on the same shift and been praised for it! And someone please tell me how tapping a guy with your stick blade is so severe that it supercedes a full force cross-check to the teeth or back of the head?

Sammy*

BigE said:
Old? If something is getting old on this forum it's the masses of uninformed posters quick to jump on whatever side of the story they hear or see first.

People wonder why the game is becoming a ***** sport...it has to do with the fans, and if you need any more explanation read this thread.

Downie did nothing out of the ordinary, nothing flagrant, and really nothing all that serious. He tapped the guy on the cheek, and hacked his skate. Jesus christ Ryan Smyth has done both on the same shift and been praised for it! And someone please tell me how tapping a guy with your stick blade is so severe that it supercedes a full force cross-check to the teeth or back of the head?
Sorry there bud. Its the uninformed who think that Downie the idiots actions are ok.
Its laughable that some think that the game is becoming a ***** sport & somehow think that they can see why in this thread. If its a ***** sport (which its not), its because leagues allow idiots like Downie to operate like idiots.
And btw, I played hockey for 20 years & watched it alot longer & I never saw a guy rake his stick across anothers in a similar fashion,while the play, is dead like Downie did.
Btw, nice comparing a crosscheck to the face to what Downie did. Brilliant comparison. :clap: :clap: :clap:

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
Sammy said:
Sorry there bud. Its the uninformed who think that Downie the idiots actions are ok.
Its laughable that some think that the game is becoming a ***** sport & somehow think that they can see why in this thread. If its a ***** sport (which its not), its because leagues allow idiots like Downie to operate like idiots.
And btw, I played hockey for 20 years & watched it alot longer & I never saw a guy rake his stick across anothers in a similar fashion,while the play, is dead like Downie did.
Btw, nice comparing a crosscheck to the face to what Downie did. Brilliant comparison. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh save it. Some guys can play for years and not pick up a god damn thing once they're done playing. I've got my experience in the game, but I'm not about to start tooting my own horn. A little less tooting, whether it be your horn, or someone elses, might go a long way in this thread.

WITH THAT SAID, I believe you and many others to be uninformed because if you think that is amongst the worst you've seen, you haven't seen much. It's a tap and a hack, and as I said many players have gotten away with MUCH more, whilst receiving a lot less fanfare. That isn't support for the severity, but that is support for the hypocritical environment we find ourselves posting in.

Now, onto the severity...What is so unacceptable? That he chopped the guy? That he touched his face with his stick? I certainly understand why people are blowing up - in general 99% of society is irrational - but I myself can't negotiate the same sentiment within my head. The chop was a challenge, not an attack...it wasn't hard nor was it meant to hurt the kid. The tap was also a challenge, and although it failed, at no time was it dangerous or egregious in any fashion.

Watch the bloody thing again, but this time take off your fairy goggles. What's next? Ban fighting, hip-checks, and anything else that remotely comes close to that thing we call "over the line."

Excuse me. :teach:

priceperlb*

Oct 8, 2005
Sammy said:
Geez, if you exert a little bit of brain power (tough, I know) you could figure out you could pm him, then confirm his name with the game sheet of the game he is referring to as well as the rosters of the teams he says he played with Schremp et al.
I know it doesnt fit into the paradigm of those who defend the idiot Downie, but it works.

And exactly how would I find out that pucks1 is the guy on the sheet? Put your superior brain power on finding the proof instead of defending some poster.

Sammy*

Stranger said:
And exactly how would I find out that pucks1 is the guy on the sheet? Put your superior brain power on finding the proof instead of defending some poster.
How pathetic. The bounds some will go to defend an idiot.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
BigE said:

What a coincidence, Downie has that on his resume too.

priceperlb*

Oct 8, 2005
Sammy said:
How pathetic. The bounds some will go to defend an idiot.

This little side thing you wandered into has nothing to do with Downie, clueless. I called pucks1 a liar for his story on his own "big fight". Try reading comprehension 101. Right next to pucks1's fiction writing class. :biglaugh:

Sammy*

Stranger said:
This little side thing you wandered into has nothing to do with Downie, clueless. I called pucks1 a liar for his story on his own "big fight". Try reading comprehension 101. Right next to pucks1's fiction writing class. :biglaugh:
Sad, very sad.
You were trying to discrdit a guy who was crititisizing Downie.
Reading comprehension indeed (as well as some ginkoba for the memory challenged).

priceperlb*

Oct 8, 2005
Sammy said:
Sad, very sad.
You were trying to discrdit a guy who was crititisizing Downie.
Reading comprehension indeed (as well as some ginkoba for the memory challenged).

Are you for real?????

I DON'T CARE ABOUT DOWNIE'S INCIDENT!

All I was doing was bustin' a guys chops for his retelling of a story, a story I find hard to believe and he can't prove no matter how many names he drops. A story, by the way, that was not about Downie but supposedly himself. Got it?

Aren't you the guy who lied about never seeing that in all your years of hockey? What another pile of .......... (insert your favorite derogatory noun here) ;)

Last edited:

Sammy*

Stranger said:
Are you for real?????

I DON'T CARE ABOUT DOWNIE'S INCIDENT!

All I was doing was bustin' a guys chops for his retelling of a story, a story I find hard to believe and he can't prove no matter how many names he drops. A story, by the way, that was not about Downie but supposedly himself. Got it?

Aren't you the guy who lied about never seeing that in all your years of hockey? What another pile of .......... (insert your favorite derogatory noun here) ;)

Pathetic. Very pathetic.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
BigE said:

Maybe because it is a provocation?

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
Stranger said:

"Tall Tales by Pucks1".
And you should proceed to follow your dreams of being a comedian. Your material is top notch!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->