Post-Game Talk: Another craptacular display: Sens 5-2 win

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
Marty's four games were a lot different than Cory's three games...and Cory played arguably the two best teams of the seven on the schedule.

Ok great. I hope Cory gets some wins.
I dont care who gets wins.
But if you think that's going to be the difference maker, then you're going to be very disappointed. The problems on this team go way beyond goal tending, and this is the only game I'd put any significant blame on it.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Blaming the goaltending is idiotic. This "softie" talk is non-sense, every goal is a "softie". We have a decent team, but they are playing like crap. You can be the best goalie in the world and you won't win with the team playing like we have been playing in front of the goalie.

Its been 7 games, with Cory and Brodeur splitting and its been the same result with both. Its funny because we got more points out of Marty in the standings than from Schneider so far. Their stats are similar, both guys are losing... don't you see the pattern here?

you are right to a point but Schneider has put in 2 good games and has been the better goalie...you are right about the team not playing well in front of them but they team has played better than 0-7 the rest is on the goaltending they should have 2 or 3 wins at this point for sure

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Like Scotty said, he wanted to throw him under the bus. I think he would have, but he has no balls. Let's see if he keeps rotating, or if he makes a braindead moronic decision to start Marty on Saturday.

Well this was one of our better games in a while to be honest. Not sure, but Brodeur has been bad in 3 of 4 games he's played, and we've been shutout with Schneider 2 of the 3 he's played. He gave us a chance to win, but we didn't really give him a chance. We usually give up multiple odd man breaks, but we didn't tonight.

Anderson was awesome tonight, Marty was a joke. That's what it comes down to.

Good luck to you guys this season, I got no problem with the Senators!:handclap:

They could use a new goal song.

Elias2626

Aug 1, 2013
The state of the NHL today shows that it is a requirement that good teams have speed and skill. The four quickest forwards for the Devils get the least playing time, if any at all (Tedenby, Josefson, Brunner, and Loktionov). We need excitement. We need more offense, especially with Brodeur making it look like he's defending a soccer net. Ryder, Clowe, Zubrus, Jagr, they're all good players, but are just so slow. We have too many old, slow veteran players. It's good to have a mix of older guys with experience and the young hungry flyers. The personnel on this team just isn't right, and it makes the job much tougher.

Devils fans are so accustomed to seeing stellar defense and an ability to grind out wins and advance deep into the playoffs. But we must realize that the days of Stevens, Rafalski, Daneyko, Niedermayer are over. The days of Arnott, Sykora, Lemieux, and Gomez are over. The days of Parise, Kovalchuk, Clarkson, Gionta, and Martin are over. The days of having a stud Brodeur are over. Look who we have replaced these all stars with. It's no surprise we suck. Elias is the one guy who remains besides Brodeur from those teams. We have to rebuild. Back to the drawing board for the Devils.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Like Scotty said, he wanted to throw him under the bus. I think he would have, but he has no balls. Let's see if he keeps rotating, or if he makes a braindead moronic decision to start Marty on Saturday.

Well this was one of our better games in a while to be honest. Not sure, but Brodeur has been bad in 3 of 4 games he's played, and we've been shutout with Schneider 2 of the 3 he's played. He gave us a chance to win, but we didn't really give him a chance. We usually give up multiple odd man breaks, but we didn't tonight.

Anderson was awesome tonight, Marty was a joke. That's what it comes down to.

Good luck to you guys this season, I got no problem with the Senators!:handclap:

Come on. No balls? You really wanted him to throw Marty under the bus to the press? There is a ton to rag on about Pete but that isn't fair.

Marty played like ****. I'd prefer he not make a public scene about it considering Marty is a legend and just start Cory Saturday. That's all that needs to be said.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
you are right to a point but Schneider has put in 2 good games and has been the better goalie...you are right about the team not playing well in front of them but they team has played better than 0-7 the rest is on the goaltending they should have 2 or 3 wins at this point for sure

If Marty had been as good as Cory this year, we would have 2 wins or so by now. Marty's lost every game by 1 goal before tonight. Schneider has had zero goals scored for him in 2 of his 3 games. Marty let in at least two softies, and that's what sunk them. We lost by two (Non empty net) goals tonight, and Marty let in two softies, maybe three.

Anderson was a beast tonight, Marty was awful. That's the bottom line.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Ok great. I hope Cory gets some wins.
I dont care who gets wins.
But if you think that's going to be the difference maker, then you're going to be very disappointed. The problems on this team go way beyond goal tending, and this is the only game I'd put any significant blame on it.

even if it's the first game where it was a major factor, the team hasn't won so it's magnified. they need to give cory the nod. start him 2 in a row and see what happens.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
The state of the NHL today shows that it is a requirement that good teams have speed and skill. The four quickest forwards for the Devils get the least playing time, if any at all (Tedenby, Josefson, Brunner, and Loktionov). We need excitement. We need more offense, especially with Brodeur making it look like he's defending a soccer net. Ryder, Clowe, Zubrus, Jagr, they're all good players, but are just so slow. We have too many old, slow veteran players. It's good to have a mix of older guys with experience and the young hungry flyers. The personnel on this team just isn't right, and it makes the job much tougher.

Devils fans are so accustomed to seeing stellar defense and an ability to grind out wins and advance deep into the playoffs.
But we must realize that the days of Stevens, Rafalski, Daneyko, Niedermayer are over. The days of Arnott, Sykora, Lemieux, and Gomez are over. The days of Parise, Kovalchuk, Clarkson, Gionta, and Martin are over. The days of having a stud Brodeur are over. Look who we have replaced these all stars with. It's no surprise we suck. Elias is the one guy who remains besides Brodeur from those teams. We have to rebuild. Back to the drawing board for the Devils.

Great post.

This is exactly what has been wrong with the franchise for almost seven years now. And the cup run obscured what should have been a bitter pill for Lou to swallow.

**** changes.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
Come on. No balls? You really wanted him to throw Marty under the bus to the press? There is a ton to rag on about Pete but that isn't fair.

Marty played like ****. I'd prefer he not make a public scene about it considering Marty is a legend and just start Cory Saturday. That's all that needs to be said.

Exactly. If Lou would fire Pete for any reason, it would be for calling out Marty to the media. You just don't do that with legends.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Every coach we've had before Pete (Maybe not JMAC) has at least said ''Marty could have been better'' or not just Marty but any player. Hell, I remember Sutter calling out Marty a few times. That Marty was a god too.

Mory Schneideur*

No it isn't. Marty was terrible tonight, there is no way to reasonably argue otherwise.

You guys make no damn sense. One game everyone wants to blow up the team because we can't score. Next game lets blow it up because our D is terribad. Next game its fire the coach. Now its tie Brodeur to a tree and shoot him.

So which is it? What get the blame next game, the goal song?

:rolleyes: :loony:

Just pick one thing and stick to it. :shakehead:

I'm going with horrible D and bad coaching. Forwards and goaltending have been fine, there's only so much you can do with bad coaching decisions and a defensive system that rivals your local JV team.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
even if it's the first game where it was a major factor, the team hasn't won so it's magnified. they need to give cory the nod. start him 2 in a row and see what happens.

Hopefully the team makes this moot and wins for him Saturday. Then he definitely starts two in a row. Cory out duels the queen he will get 5 in a row.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
You guys make no damn sense. One game everyone wants to blow up the team because we can't score. Next game lets blow it up because our D is terribad. Next game its fire the coach. Now its tie Brodeur to a tree and shoot him.

I'm going with horrible D and bad coaching. Forwards and goaltending have been fine, there's only so much you can do with bad coaching decisions and a defensive system that rivals your local JV team.

Maybe it's all of the above? That's the scary part...

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 29s
Brodeur said he didn't see either of the first two shots, but, "I’ve got to find a way to stop them."

Cut the crap, you blow. Just retire please

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Exactly. If Lou would fire Pete for any reason, it would be for calling out Marty to the media. You just don't do that with legends.

Yeah just like he fired Sutter and Burns too.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Hopefully the team makes this moot and wins for him Saturday. Then he definitely starts two in a row. Cory out duels the queen he will get 5 in a row.

i think he should start the game against columbus either way. you need to play your best players at this point. no ****ing around and rotating.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

That's the problem...there IS more than one problem with this team. Bad teams find ways to lose games.

Mory Schneideur*

To be honest, I think both goalies could have done a bit better maybe, but they are not THE reason we are 0-7. The team playing bad (mostly defensively) has lead to the goalies not performing up to par.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->