D - Nick Leddy (148)
G - Jimmy Howard (28)
G - Roberto Luongo (52)

Bench:

C/LW - Mike Richards (141)
C/LW - Ryan O'Reilly (165)
D - Justin Faulk (172)
G - Tim Thomas (189)

Sometimes I load up in certain categories, but this year I basically just went for the best all-around players I could get. I figure I should be able to dominate in plus/minus and shots though, as well as being quite good for goals in particular.

My biggest regret was waiting on getting a third goalie. I had a chance to nab Kari Lehtonen and Evgeni Nabokov at two different points, but waited one round too long. Hopefully Thomas regains his form.

Last edited:

Cappy

belgians do it best
Oct 30, 2007
Boston/NYC/Portland
you stole my thread subject line! /shakes fist

obviously your team is stacked on the wings, deep at center(although i think patrice/backes/richards are all better real life hockey players than fantasy guys), and i'm a huge fan of all your players w/ multi-position eligibility. blueline is alright but be prepared to ride out Carlson's hot/cold streaks and i'm not sold on Leddy, maybe if you see someone early in the season struggling at their forward spots you could wrangle an upgrade. Top two goalies are the same as I ended up with so good on you bud. I don't like Thomas this year because I think he'll split starts at best with Markstrom but if he's even 75% of the goalie he was the last time we saw him that's fine for your 3rd. Really like your team, good luck.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
you stole my thread subject line! /shakes fist

obviously your team is stacked on the wings, deep at center(although i think patrice/backes/richards are all better real life hockey players than fantasy guys), and i'm a huge fan of all your players w/ multi-position eligibility. blueline is alright but be prepared to ride out Carlson's hot/cold streaks and i'm not sold on Leddy, maybe if you see someone early in the season struggling at their forward spots you could wrangle an upgrade. Top two goalies are the same as I ended up with so good on you bud. I don't like Thomas this year because I think he'll split starts at best with Markstrom but if he's even 75% of the goalie he was the last time we saw him that's fine for your 3rd. Really like your team, good luck.

Edited my title lol.

Thanks for the input. My strategy is always to wait on centers because they're so deep. I always try to go guys with multi-positions but found myself getting away from that early. I don't really like Thomas either, I'm just hoping to catch lightning in a bottle on this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad