Annual HF Sabres Board Gathering

MacOfNiagara

Feb 8, 2006
Ithaca
I have kicked the idea around before and plan to proceed with this season be the 1st.

The general idea would be to hold a annual HF Sabres Board gathering at a local pub. Having had the occasion (rookie camp, training camp, etc.) to meet some of the HFBoard folks, it has been a pleasure, and something I have grown to appreciate.

It would also be nice to help local establishments.

The general idea would be to hold the gathering during the season and during an away game (so season ticket holders can partake). We would also rotate to different establishments to spread the wealth and get a chance to visit some of the local places.

I am looking for feedback / dialogue on ideas for this gathering. I am thinking a non-weekday and a non-Friday as the former would make it difficult for those with regular work schedules, and the later because that tends to be the most crowded night out.

Any thoughts on the best way to structure this gathering? Or potential establishments to visit? Being from the Falls I am less familiar with the Buffalo joints.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm always game for beer with people who want to talk puck. Don't let my limited availability hold ya' back from having a shindig though. :biglaugh:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
We should do it so I can come too, I'm at the ripe age of 19 and would love to meet some fellow fans. With the exception Of Chain, Zombie and Zzamboni to an extent, I've not met any of you. :laugh:

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
The best I can do is Nov 3rd to 5th as I am in Toronto for business. Otherwise, I will be on the West Coast an unable to attend.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Being of Scottish decent I was leaning towards a hootenanny.

Get enough folk, and enough alcohol, and maybe we can turn it into a ceilidh! Sorry, lived in Scotland for several years...:)

I think this is a great idea, but I live in Maryland, so probably will not be able to participate. However, if anyone is traveling for the Caps game in D.C., I'd love to meet you.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
We should do it so I can come too, I'm at the ripe age of 19 and would love to meet some fellow fans. With the exception Of Chain, Zombie and Zzamboni to an extent, I've not met any of you. :laugh:

So...you're saying the meetup should be across the border?

Tachycineta

May 2, 2006
Gaithersburg, MD
Well, I'm game for anywhere in Washington DC, lol. Seriously, it would be cool though. I'll be home around thanksgiving but people will probably have family obligations (and rightfully so).

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
Get enough folk, and enough alcohol, and maybe we can turn it into a ceilidh! Sorry, lived in Scotland for several years...:)

I think this is a great idea, but I live in Maryland, so probably will not be able to participate. However, if anyone is traveling for the Caps game in D.C., I'd love to meet you.

can it be a funk ceili?

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Well, I'm game for anywhere in Washington DC, lol. Seriously, it would be cool though. I'll be home around thanksgiving but people will probably have family obligations (and rightfully so).

Is there a sabres bar in DC?

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
If any of you folks are going to be in Ottawa for the February game, I'd be happy to catch a beer or two with any of ya. I forget the date but I know it's the game right before the Olympic break.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
If any of you folks are going to be in Ottawa for the February game, I'd be happy to catch a beer or two with any of ya. I forget the date but I know it's the game right before the Olympic break.

I think I'm gonna be at that one as long as I'm not out west. Bertttss 'll do.

I need a place of residence. Got any good hotels or something cheap nearby?

igloo.jpg best I can do.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
I think Thanksgiving could work out for a lot of us, I for one will be home from that school that whole week.

Suggestions for spots?
Brick Oven Bistro on Abbot
Warehouse
Duffs
JP's lakeview

I'm coming from Angola so I've got far more knowledge of southtowns businesses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad