Prospect Info: Annual Devils Prospect Rankings #8 (Tiebreaker)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevHock

Apr 14, 2012
Jacobs

Blandisi needs to translate his production to Albany before I buy the hype

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
just curious, wheres the evidence that jacobs will be good? i haven't heard too much, other than that he was solid for a really poor team his freshman year, and obviously the wjc invite. whats his info?

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
just curious, wheres the evidence that jacobs will be good? i haven't heard too much, other than that he was solid for a really poor team his freshman year, and obviously the wjc invite. whats his info?

I mean.. those things alone are pretty good pieces of evidence that Jacobs will be good...

At Jacobs' age, Blandisi didn't have anything close to those accomplishments.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I mean.. those things alone are pretty good pieces of evidence that Jacobs will be good...

At Jacobs' age, Blandisi didn't have anything close to those accomplishments.

That, coupled with the fact that the Devils thought highly enough of him to draft him 41st overall, a spot he was forecasted to go.

I think #8 on our list is really too low. He is one of our better prospects and has done nothing to diminish his standing in the year since he's been drafted.

It'll be interesting to see what his perceived value is by December. Because if he is playing well in Sarnia, which is probably going to happen considering he was good as an 18 year old in the NCAA where there are 24 and 25 year olds and is named to team USA people will think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm going to be honest - I don't really know a whole lot about Jacobs and his game, other than what I read from you guys.

But I don't think Blandisi belongs anywhere dear the top-10. So a 20 year old looked good dominating teenagers - so what? Tons of guys have done that and then never even sniffed the NHL. Blandisi has a lot to prove. He needs at least a year of solid production in the pros before he's considered a legitimate prospect.

I'll go with the guy who has a pedigree over the flavor of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad