Announcement strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Why would they announnce anythign today? We all know that the US Market is what they care about so why would they compete with the SUPER BOWL? suppose they say today that the season is on and they will start soon. They would only get 1 day (Saturday) maximum if that to be on the headlines as sunday will be all superbowl and monday would be about the superbowl winner (Pats Dynasty or the start of an eagles dynasty). But Come Monday night or tuesday morning the NHL announces that they are starting the season they get the entire week with no big FA left in MLB or too many extremely meaningful games being played in the NBA right nwo they get the headlines for a week. SO my bet is don't expect any announcement (positive one atleast) until monday or tuesday when the headlines aren't about the superbowl. so we can all calm down for a couple more days.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Troy McClure said:
Your optimism is staggering.

No i think that the season will be cancelled but i was just saying for those that still belive that the NHL is not going to try and compete vs. the superbowl

PredsFan77*

avalanche_country said:
man I hope the Eagles choke a big fat one and Harrison lays out TO and he re-injures himself :dunno:

Harrison is a punk I hope he tears his knee up.

ResidentAlien*

SENSfreak_03 said:
on the other hand, if there was any day to cancel the season, sunday would be it.

Best day ( to announce the cancel) would be today @ 5pm est, which has past. That way it would get buried and forgotten.
But that is to suggest it hasnt been forgotten already..which it has, everywhere but here and oh yeah...Eklunds blog

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
PredsFan77 said:
Harrison is a punk I hope he tears his knee up.

hahaha, hilarious. seriously. Harrison is one of the only "real" football players left in the NFL--devoted to his teammates, a ridiculous level of intensity, and plays hard every series. Not an ounce of selfishness in his body, unlike some loud-mouthed wide outs.

But back to hockey . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad