Angels fire Brad Ausmus

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Angels are a snake-bitten franchise that has squandered Mike Trout for years. Throw in Ausmus, a manager from another generation, and things were only going to get worse there.

I was glad Detroit brought him in but he was a huge disappointment on a team that was already on the decline. He honestly didn't have a clue.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
still think maddon ends up in SD but given all those years he spent in the angels org and how he spoke of them with so much nostalgia after winning the WS in '16 it wouldn't surprise me if he went back

but since its the angels i could see them hiring some retread like farrell or showalter

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Ausmus got dealt a bad hand with an insane amount of team injuries as well as a tragic death of a teammate.

Here’s a guy that had to lead a broken team in the wake of tragedy and this is how they repay him?

Reactions: LeBlondeDemon10

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
someone had to take the fall for the angels complete lack of pitching

how good do the A's look bringing back anderson/fiers instead of cahill

Oct 18, 2011
:facepalm:

Better be one of Nightengale's infamous bull**** tweets

There is no way Arte Moreno fired Ausmus to not bring back Joe Maddon. His availability is what caused this, I don't know how much Ausmus could have done better with a roster that was average before all the injuries and untimely passing of Tyler Skaggs. I don't think this season was any sort of indictment on Ausmus tbh, a much better option is just available

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Angels are a snake-bitten franchise that has squandered Mike Trout for years. Throw in Ausmus, a manager from another generation, and things were only going to get worse there.

I was glad Detroit brought him in but he was a huge disappointment on a team that was already on the decline. He honestly didn't have a clue.

Mike Trout is really the Connor McDavid of baseball, isn't he?

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Ausmus got dealt a bad hand with an insane amount of team injuries as well as a tragic death of a teammate.

Here’s a guy that had to lead a broken team in the wake of tragedy and this is how they repay him?
He's still getting every cent of that contract without another day of work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->