Music: Andy Rehfeldt: If Korn, Rage Against The Machine, and Dio Did Jazz Rock/Funk.

JA

Last night, I discovered Andy Rehfeldt, a musician whose hobby has been to record jazz rock covers of metal songs and vice versa, and then to replace the original arrangements with his new instrumental tracks while retaining the original singer's vocals. Hilarity sometimes ensues, while in other instances his arrangements unearth new dimensions within a composition. Rehfeldt is a talented musician, and his musicianship manifests itself in the new arrangements -- particularly in the new guitar tracks.

One of my favorites is this jazz rock interpretation of Korn's "Falling Away From Me," which not only suits lead singer Jonathan Davis' soft voice, but also transforms the song into a very catchy, melodic little earworm.

In this alternate reality, the band might have been called Corn.

Another great one is this version of Rage Against The Machine's "Killing In The Name."

AllHaiLKINGTIsHeRe31 month ago
The original version makes me want to smash tables, whereas this one makes me want to clean them.
Here's a different interpretation of "Holy Diver," which works so well with Ronnie James Dio's powerful vocals:

This version of "Enter Sandman" has over 6 million views.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad