Andy Greene Appreciation Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah I wish it wasn't the Isles he was going to but OTOH it's best for him and his family that he's not really leaving the area in-season either.

I was already stuck going to the game in mid-March against the Isles, now I'm glad I'll be there to give him an ovation.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Man was Greene an animal around our Stanley Cup run years. In my opinion, he was the best defenseman for us in the last decade.

Will always remember his Godly year with Larsson where they had one of the lowest GA while having the most defensive zone faceoff and facing the toughest competition.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
The classiest of class acts. To think of what he's become from being an undrafted free agent to nearly 1000 games in what will now be almost entirely as a Devil.

He never received the accolades around the league that he deserved, but he was a true #1 defenseman for a number of years. I always thought the flak he got from fans here too was bullshit when he started to slow down because of his age. He still battled to the fullest well over 20 minutes a night when no one else could even come close to taking on that type of role on the defense.

Would honestly love to see him come back on a 1 year deal next year if everyone was in agreement on it, but if this was it, we'll miss you Andy. Thank you for being an all-time soldier for this team for nearly a decade and a half.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Isles fan coming in peace. Please tell me Greene still has some game left and can help us? Still kills penalties?

Greene was 5th on SH TOI this season, only behind Lindell/Tanev/DeKeyser/Engelland. We probably gave him too many minutes at this stage of his career since our D is putrid, but he should still have some gas left for a reduced role with the Islanders. Definitely will be cheering him on, he's been a great player for us.

Reactions: SI90

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
In an ideal word the Canucks play one series and get bounced with Tampa and NYI meeting in the conference finals.

Greene was an excellent player for us for a good stretch. It was surreal not seeing him last night. He was a good player and I wish him well.

Reactions: My3Sons

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
MOAR APPRECIATION PLEASE!

The Coleman thread is like 25 pages long and the Greene thread is paltry.

Not enough can be said about Andy. Too many here have poopooed him recently. While hes in the twilight of his career he was still a serviceable player who got caught up in Hurricane Hynes.

Reactions: feerlessleadr

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
MOAR APPRECIATION PLEASE!

The Coleman thread is like 25 pages long and the Greene thread is paltry.

Not enough can be said about Andy. Too many here have poopooed him recently. While hes in the twilight of his career he was still a serviceable player who got caught up in Hurricane Hynes.
The Coleman Appreciation Thread has 4 less posts than this Greene one.

You’re looking at the Coleman trade thread which had a lot going on due to false reports etc and it was a big trade.

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
I’ll be honest and it’s not to shit on the guy, but I can’t remember a single truly memorable moment that he was involved in. I mean he was here for a long time and that’s really all it is. He was here. Steady, dependable no frills. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the work he put in but his departure is kind of whatever to me. Could also be that I’m much older now than when I first started watching hockey and I just can’t find it in me to get attached to the players at this point in my life. The further I get away from my youth, the more this all just feels like the business that it actually is. That said, Andy Greene always came off as a true professional and he represented the franchise well. For that, I respect him and wish him well. He quietly carved out a nice career for himself.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The Coleman Appreciation Thread has 4 less posts than this Greene one.

You’re looking at the Coleman trade thread which had a lot going on due to false reports etc and it was a big trade.

The Coleman trade thread is what i meant

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I’ll be honest and it’s not to **** on the guy, but I can’t remember a single truly memorable moment that he was involved in. I mean he was here for a long time and that’s really all it is. He was here. Steady, dependable no frills. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate the work he put in but his departure is kind of whatever to me. Could also be that I’m much older now than when I first started watching hockey and I just can’t find it in me to get attached to the players at this point in my life. The further I get away from my youth, the more this all just feels like the business that it actually is. That said, Andy Greene always came off as a true professional and he represented the franchise well. For that, I respect him and wish him well. He quietly carved out a nice career for himself.

Ummm 2012? Is this post for real.

Reactions: Dialamo

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Andy Greene was abusing guys like Crosby and Ovechkin from 2011-2013. Greene at his peak was a top 40 dman in this league as one of the best shutdown guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad