Andrey Vasilevskiy remains top prospect for Tampa Bay Lightning

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The 2012-13 season saw many of the Tampa Bay Lightning's top prospects work their way onto the NHL roster. Radko Gudas and Alex Killorn both saw substantial time and made significant contributions with the big club while Tyler Johnson, Richard Panik, Ondrej Palat, and Mark Barberio also made their NHL debuts at various points throughout the lockout shortened season.

Since his arrival, General Manager Steve Yzerman has reshaped the Lightning prospect pool and added some much need depth. The goaltending position has drastically changed from a point of weakness to one of strength, including their number one prospect, Andrey Vasilevskiy.… read more

More...

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Well done hockey'sfuture. This was good. :nod:

clapping.gif

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Id have Gusev in there for sure. He broke out in the KHL last season and I'd say will remain in the K for at least another season to continue developing his exceptional playmaking abilities. This guy is slippery, super talented with the puck and creates a synergy when paired with Kucherov. Easily top 3 skilled forwards in Tampas prospect pool.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
First thought was Palat is too low. Can't argue with most of it though.

Agree on Palat being too low, but if you place him higher then you do bump down? I think it's a sign of how strong our prospects are when an NHL ready one is not even in our top 10.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
I am really surprised how good the ranking is (considering the source), but I am not that happy with some of the grades.

-I don't see any reason to drop JT Brown from 7,5 D to 6,5 C. I understand a drop but I think a 7,0 C wouldbe right.
-Palat is (at least) a 7,0 C as well. I don't see Johnson that much above Palat upside wise with the difference that Palat is bigger.
-Janus should be a 7,0 as well. He was a top goaltender in the 2nd best league in the world and yet goes from 7,0 to 6,5.
-I don't see any reason to drop Nesterov from 7,0 D to 6,0 C. He played in the KHL as a 19 year old, which is already impressive.
-Last but not least Wilcox is (as Kasdorf and Helebuyck) as 6,5 IMO

After all those are not that big (alwys 0,5 more from me) so I will not complain that much and it is really a great list for HF standard.

Would be interesting to know wether you guys think the same about the players listed above or if I am just too optimistic.

Edit: And I still don't get how Dmitry Korobov is listed as a 6,0 C behind the likes of Charles Landry (6,5 D), Luke Witkowsski (6,5 D), Artem Sergeev (6,5 D). I would rank both, Nesterov and Korobov well above those three in terms of talent and potential to succeed.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
The more i think about this, the more i realize how good our prospect pool is. 3 Goalies and about 6 or so defensemen in our top 20? really not bad at all.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Only thing is with Palat as low as he is, but other than that, seems like a good write-up.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I am really surprised how good the ranking is (considering the source), but I am not that happy with some of the grades.

-I don't see any reason to drop JT Brown from 7,5 D to 6,5 C. I understand a drop but I think a 7,0 C wouldbe right.
-Palat is (at least) a 7,0 C as well. I don't see Johnson that much above Palat upside wise with the difference that Palat is bigger.
-Janus should be a 7,0 as well. He was a top goaltender in the 2nd best league in the world and yet goes from 7,0 to 6,5.
-I don't see any reason to drop Nesterov from 7,0 D to 6,0 C. He played in the KHL as a 19 year old, which is already impressive.
-Last but not least Wilcox is (as Kasdorf and Helebuyck) as 6,5 IMO

After all those are not that big (alwys 0,5 more from me) so I will not complain that much and it is really a great list for HF standard.

Would be interesting to know wether you guys think the same about the players listed above or if I am just too optimistic.

Edit: And I still don't get how Dmitry Korobov is listed as a 6,0 C behind the likes of Charles Landry (6,5 D), Luke Witkowsski (6,5 D), Artem Sergeev (6,5 D). I would rank both, Nesterov and Korobov well above those three in terms of talent and potential to succeed.
Yeah I agree with everything you said too. A 7.0C would be fine for Brown, I'd move Palat up a couple spots, and Janus and Nesterov have done nothing to warrant a drop in grading. But that's all little stuff I guess that differs from person to person.

Overall it's a good write up and this is good to see. It's kinda funny to see Johnson, Killorn, Gudas, and Palat shoot up their rankings and Sustr and some of the other late round picks get acknowledgement as quality prospects. Maybe there's been a change somewhere up there in the discussions. Anyhow I hope they stay consistent and continue to put out better content.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
The more i think about this, the more i realize how good our prospect pool is. 3 Goalies and about 6 or so defensemen in our top 20? really not bad at all.

Not only is it promising for our future but also good assets for trades as well when the time comes.

Win/win.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1