Recalled/Assigned: Andrey Pedan re-assisnged to Utica (Jan 12)

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
good for pedan. chances he even gets a game? lol. if he does, chances he fights and gets re-concussed? :sarcasm:

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
If Pedan plays a game that will be

Shinkaruk
Gaunce
McCann
Virtanen
Hutton
Grenier
Pedan

...7 guys playing their first NHL games for us in just under 2 months.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Good to finally see Pedan. Wonder if he'll establish his physicality by fighting in his first game?

I'd rather he not fight and just lay out some seriously punishing hits. Seeing as Sbisa is the only one on defense who hits to actually make the other guy feel it, I'm fine with leaving the face punching to Dorsett and the hug fests to Prust.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
I'd rather he not fight and just lay out some seriously punishing hits. Seeing as Sbisa is the only one on defense who hits to actually make the other guy feel it, I'm fine with leaving the face punching to Dorsett and the hug fests to Prust.

I think he'll definitely hit, but dropping the mitts wouldn't surprise me. He's a nasty fighter.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
I just don't want him to get clocked in the head with his concussion history. He's got too much potential IMO.

That's fair. Reasonable concern for all fighters, but fighting is part of his game, so I don't want that neutered. Eventually he'll have to drop the mitts if he hits at that rate. Same fate as Virtanen.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Absolutely love this move. Would like it more if he actually gets in a game. I think the Fedun/Pedan exchange is an acknowledgement that the D-core as a whole is fairly soft. Tanev and Hutton are great but they're not going to punish anyone. I was at the game the other night (Chicago) and noticed that Hamhuis was struggling a bit handling the bigger/younger forwards. Edler and Sbisa play hard but inconsistent.

DanCloutiersFiveHole

Sep 19, 2014
Vancouver
Seems like they are just trying to make sure that nobody stays up in the pressbox too long with these one game call ups. Wouldn't surprise me if he sat in the box for one game then went back down.
Granted I would like to see him play. Would call it successful if he can clear the crease, bonus for hits and SOG. Hear he has a nice shot

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
That's fair. Reasonable concern for all fighters, but fighting is part of his game, so I don't want that neutered. Eventually he'll have to drop the mitts if he hits at that rate. Same fate as Virtanen.

I know what you mean and yeah it's true. I just really hate guys having to fight after laying out huge but clean hits. Case in point: Sbisa on Ehlers. Yeah he got him high but that's mostly because Ehlers was skating with his head down 3 feet off the ground. Also Peluso is a gronk and that's a total mismatch and he knew it.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
I know what you mean and yeah it's true. I just really hate guys having to fight after laying out huge but clean hits. Case in point: Sbisa on Ehlers. Yeah he got him high but that's mostly because Ehlers was skating with his head down 3 feet off the ground. Also Peluso is a gronk and that's a total mismatch and he knew it.

Yeah, that play was ridiculous. Absolutely nothing wrong with that hit and Sbisa had to answer the bell twice.

I think that's the problem with today's game. You'll get a stoppage of play or something even for a good, clean hit nowadays.

Brock Boeser

Mar 11, 2013
Why Sbisa? He was pretty damn good the last game and good by his standards against Chicago.

Barts or Weber can sit.

I want all 3 of them to sit. Sbisa just cause Andrey brings everything he brings and more. He's probably a better hockey player right now then Sbisa.

Weber gets to stay in the lineup purely off the fact that he's a rH shot forcing pKers to back off the twins.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

Hard to blame Peluso, that's why he's there. It's hockey culture and norms that are ****ed and need to change.

DanCloutiersFiveHole

Sep 19, 2014
Vancouver
I think the Sbisa case is a bit different because Ehlers is a rookie and he isn't exactly a heavyweight. It was within the confines of the rules but I think it is a lot easier for tempers to flare when someone singles out one of your young players. Much like Prust's reaction to the Virtanen fight. I'd say they are on a similar level as star players with respect to having a bit of an "untouchable" status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->