Andrew Shaw (Owen Sound '91 -undrafted)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Wow-last night vs. Saint John,he sure looked like the quintessential est/agitator/physical/sandpaoer/fore-checking dynamo,workaholic --AND on top of it alsco scores/assists important goals "type"--in other words a perfect 4th liner for many NHL teams that would put their own LAZY USELESS 4th line centres to shame..

THis guy deserves to be drafted by some team in the late rounds..with his desire and work habits and physical style ---coaches should love adding him to a team...

Did he put on some pounds? Looks bigger --certainly plays bigger than the 180lbs I see he's listed at off most profiles.. looks more like 190 now ...(5'11 to 6'0 frame)..

You probably could waste a 7th rounder on a never willbe than take a chance on this guy there.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
What's the deal with Shalla? Why didn't a team snag him last year...and surely he must get drafted this year? Where do you think he goes? Mid rounds?

My guess is that with his lack of elite skating talent, and his average skills in other areas, teams might think he'll have trouble scoring as many goals at the next level, as he is now.

But as I've said before about him, guys who can score goals and have hockey sense aren't usually his size. You can teach other things. I'd be surprised if a team doesn't take a flyer on him in the later rounds.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
My guess is that with his lack of elite skating talent, and his average skills in other areas, teams might think he'll have trouble scoring as many goals at the next level, as he is now.

But as I've said before about him, guys who can score goals and have hockey sense aren't usually his size. You can teach other things. I'd be surprised if a team doesn't take a flyer on him in the later rounds.

Great. I know I will in my keeper league. You can't teach hands like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->