Player Discussion Andrew Shaw II - Playoff Edition

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Take your time to heal, Shawzie ! ;)

Yeah. Because the last thing this team needs or wants is a guy who's prepared to play through an injury. That just shows you're willing to pay a huge price for the team. What kind of an a__hole does that? Certainly not a guy I would ever want in my locker room.

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
neck injury last night, he just got cleared to play last week because of his concussion issues.
This guy should go on ltir for a few months

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
neck injury last night, he just got cleared to play last week because of his concussion issues.
This guy should go on ltir for a few months

It would open up and extra 3.9M on the cap if they put him there. Leaving them with 12.3M. However, if he wouldn't be out the entire year, it wouldn't be wise to use all of his cap relief because he'd eventually come back and they'd be stuck if they used it

Sthabs

Apr 7, 2006
Yea it wouldn't hurt for the cap relief,
But if he keeps getting injured like this he ll probably be bought out before the end of his contract, he ll need to find a way to be useful in other situations , a bit like Gallagher, they won't be able to sustain that level of play as they get older. It s /will catch up to them and end up like Prust

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Yeah. Because the last thing this team needs or wants is a guy who's prepared to play through an injury. That just shows you're willing to pay a huge price for the team. What kind of an a__hole does that? Certainly not a guy I would ever want in my locker room.

yeah, character got the Habs real far last few years...

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
It smells the buyout in 2-3 years from now.. The guy has never really found his chair with us and now has concusions issue.. it sucks.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It smells the buyout in 2-3 years from now.. The guy has never really found his chair with us and now has concusions issue.. it sucks.

The guy's been in Montreal for one year. He hasn't been here nearly long enough to qualify it as "never really found his chair..."

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Wow.....now were mocking our injured players.....WTF is going on!!

I mock him healthy, I mock him injured. It's not, "haha he's injured" it's, "haha Bergevin is a dumb dumb why did he spend two seconds on this guy"

Then again, when Alzner's injuries pop up and I call him Mike Komisarek, go ahead and claim I'm mocking a player due to their injuries again.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
So is concealing his injury something to be lauded, or is it selfish?

I don't really want a woozy player out on the ice. I'd rather have a less talented player at full cognitive power. A physical injury is a little different.

I'm sure the team and league aren't wild about him talking about this, but I don't think any fans are surprised by it. I doubt the Habs handled it any differently than most teams would have.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
So is concealing his injury something to be lauded, or is it selfish?

I don't really want a woozy player out on the ice. I'd rather have a less talented player at full cognitive power. A physical injury is a little different.

I'm sure the team and league aren't wild about him talking about this, but I don't think any fans are surprised by it. I doubt the Habs handled it any differently than most teams would have.

It's selfish and also stupid.

The Montreal Canadiens once allowed a clearly concussed Jeff Halpern to enter back into Game 7 of the first round against the Boston Bruins.

Halpern loses the face-off, loses his guy and tries to block an easy shot from the point, which deflects off his skate. Causing the Canadiens to lose.

That Boston Bruins team went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
It's selfish and also stupid.

The Montreal Canadiens once allowed a clearly concussed Jeff Halpern to enter back into Game 7 of the first round against the Boston Bruins.

Halpern loses the face-off, loses his guy and tries to block an easy shot from the point, which deflects off his skate. Causing the Canadiens to lose.

That Boston Bruins team went on to win the Stanley Cup.

Is that when Halpern got a cheapshot shoulder/elbow to the head away from the play while he wasn't looking?

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Of course because I have elite google skills.

Hit on Halpern. Ference is such a *****.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe Chicago will take him back if Bergevin adds two high second rounders and eats some salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad