Player Discussion Andrew Shaw II - Playoff Edition

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Still lol'ing at desperately getting rid of Eller to acquire Shaw, Bergevin was so proud.
2 cups!

2012-13 he was in 9th place for points on the Hawks

2014-15 he was 7th.

35 points in 72 games total. He played a lot with Kane if I'm not mistaken ,too..

In fact even I tought he had better numbers than that in the PO :laugh:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
2 cups!

2012-13 he was in 9th place for points on the Hawks

2014-15 he was 7th.

35 points in 72 games total. He played a lot with Kane if I'm not mistaken ,too..

In fact even I tought he had better numbers than that in the PO :laugh:
His playoffs numbers are more or less equal to Eller. He's a good 3rd liner but he's not an upgrade over Eller and certainly not worth what we paid to make the exchange. It's not like he's a lot younger i think he is 2 years and 2 months younger.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
There’s an argument this was bergevins worst trade. Great job building through the draft!

While i hate the Subban for Weber trade yeah Shaw is probably his worst move. We will never know if our drafting team would have taken the right guys but there was still good players remaining at the ranks we were selecting.

Girard is already a significantly better player than Shaw and playing a position of need. DeBrincat i'm still not 100% sold but he'll more than likely remain better. Kuokkanen had a good year in the AHL at only 19 years old. Other guys might emerge in the upcoming years.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
His playoffs numbers are more or less equal to Eller. He's a good 3rd liner but he's not an upgrade over Eller and certainly not worth what we paid to make the exchange. It's not like he's a lot younger i think he is 2 years and 2 months younger.
imo Eller would definitely be an upgrade at 3c. Shaw wasn't even in our top 9 (and shouldn't be) when we have a healthy lineup. And in fact, Eller would be the perfect center to play between Carr and Deslauriers. I would love to see that line.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Andrew Shaw is one of many moves this GM has made without thinking it through. I have not been impressed whatsoever with this player and he won’t be missed when the season starts. Habs have plenty of 4th liners to replace him.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Eller played with Bourque. Shaw with Kane?

Anyway yeah they're comparable for playoffs contribution. Thing is Bergevin see Shaw as a PO god and saw Eller as a nuisance

sergejean

Dec 11, 2007
So if I understand correctly, Shaw is now symptom free from his last concussion (since it was apparently agreed they would wait for the concussion to clear before going under the knife)...

Good news is we only have 4 more years left at a "friendly" caphit of 3.9M

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
question, does the club have potential advantage of now putting both shaw and byron on long term injury list? as in bigger room to over pay? just a thought as find it surprising both out 6 month and announced after season over by a mile

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
hey guys and gals its too bad for Shaw. the guy put his life on the line everyday its a bad trade a bad contract but its all on MB. I feel bad for the kid seriously. he has all the good intentions in the world. #respect

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
He actually has met my expectations.

Yup. I expected decent third line points but Shaw would play powerplay minutes like a second liner and get constantly shoved into the top six when he had no place to be there. None of which is a player I would pay $3.9 million for six years for.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Yup. I expected decent third line points but Shaw would play powerplay minutes like a second liner and get constantly shoved into the top six when he had no place to be there. None of which is a player I would pay $3.9 million for six years for.

Getting 2+ min per game of PP time (averaging slightly less than Chucky's PP icetime per game) while consistently getting single digit PP points every year. Pretty darn Shawful :help:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
question, does the club have potential advantage of now putting both shaw and byron on long term injury list? as in bigger room to over pay? just a thought as find it surprising both out 6 month and announced after season over by a mile

no as they are expected to be back in October so the only thing they would get from LTI would be to go over the cap for a short time but then they would need to get under it when they are back likely within a few games or weeks into the season. Plus the Habs were one of the bottom teams in the league in cap space, so they should have plenty of room next year barring a surprise big time UFA signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->