Classic with Video Andrew Peters vs Matt Johnson Dec 13, 2003

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Johnson will never get a single moment of respect from me after the Beaukeboom incident. He can go fall down a well...

I don't know if it equates to falling down a well, but the dude's mind is pretty much gone and he's homeless now....

Reactions: DJN21

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
I don't know if it equates to falling down a well, but the dude's mind is pretty much gone and he's homeless now....
I feel horrible for Matt Johnson's parents after reading about all the crap he has put them through over the past few years.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Johnson will never get a single moment of respect from me after the Beaukeboom incident. He can go fall down a well...

Agree 10,000%

My most hated player of all time, and boy does that cover a lot of territory.

I couldn't be happier with his current situation. He deserves every bit of it.

I do feel sorry for his parents, but not him.

And as long as Peters is in this clip, he's a classy guy. The Sabres played the Rangers at the Garden in Mark Messier's last game, and while it wasn't shown on TV, Peters went over to shake Messier's hand after the final buzzer. That's how to be a tough guy with class.

GoodFollow

Dec 24, 2019
To cut it short, I agree, this guy deserves every bit of it. I've seen a lot of NHL fights, most of them were fair but not this one. When I was playing NHL on Xbox I was trying to fight every time I could, I thought this was fun, but from a time I don't like this stuff at all. I want to see a fair play without punching each others face. Don't understand this kind of entertainment. That's why I am watching European and Russian hockey. They are playing and not fighting. I can't imagine that somebody will fight on the Spengler's cup news.22bet.com/events/spengler-cup-2019/news-spengler-cup-2019/ I want the fights to be prohibited in the NHL league, and trust me, you will be able to see a real hockey and there will not be stories like Johnson's any more

Last edited:

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
To cut it short, I agree, this guy deserves every bit of it. I've seen a lot of NHL fights, most of them were fair but not this one. When I was playing NHL on Xbox I was trying to fight every time I could, I thought this was fun, but from a time I don't like this stuff at all. I want to see a fair play without punching each others face. Don't understand this kind of entertainment. That's why I am watching European and Russian hockey. They are playing and not fighting. I can't imagine that somebody will fight on the Spengler's cup news.22bet.com/events/spengler-cup-2019/news-spengler-cup-2019/ I want the fights to be prohibited in the NHL league, and trust me, you will be able to see a real hockey and there will not be stories like Johnson's any more

Fighting isnt the issue at all with Johnson. He was a damn fine fighter. The criticism of him was that he delivered a recklessly dirty play that should be held on the same pedestal as mcsorley and bertuzzi. No one in their right mind holds his "fights" against him. They will only remember his one idiotic moment that ended the career of a very very well respected NHL player, and one that would have happily obliged a normal NHL fight with him had that been Johnson's course of action.

I'll never respect for single second the man or the action but that has nothing to do with arguing against fighting in hockey...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad