Player Discussion Andrew Peeke

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Interesting you mention this, I heard Billy Jaffe mention this recently on his podcast with Razor. I hadn't thought about it until he said it, but I can definitely remember times in the last couple weeks that they opted to just punt, as Jaffe put it. Don't try skating it out cleanly or going for the outlet. Just gather, turn, and fire. Catch a blow and regroup.

Of course it can't be the strategy on every entry into their end of the ice, but here and there it's fine. I guess I would rather they just fire it down the other end or lob it 100 ft sometimes than make a risky play up the middle to a forward. Not sure if this change has been a Monty thing, or a product of the roster, but I like it
aka "The Forbort"

Reactions: TD Charlie

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
See, this take is f***ing silly. Why can't someone be critical of something like the move, and not the player? And why is it if you are, you have clownshoes takes saying basic zero value crap like "hater". It's hack and it's sad that this is the best you can do. Be better.
That's the thing, someone is never wrong with their own opinion. It's their opinion, it's how they feel.
Sure you may not agree with them, think they crazy, wrong, what ever, but it's their opinion so they are correct. Now, if someone comes out and states things as facts, different story. With sports, there are just too many variable to factor in to state most things as facts.
Someone can say that Gretzky has the most goals in the nhl. That's a fact and true.
Someone can say that Gretzky was the greatest goal scorer in the nhl, but thats an opinion and someone can argue against that. How can they argue that ? Well, nhl was more wide open in that time, goalie equipment and talent was not what it is today, etc.

Somone will always argue over opinion. Take it with a grain of salt, and move on.

False Start

May 8, 2018
Who’d they sign with that spot? I mean it’s funny to me how people can say it was great value because whatever player they picked 3 years from now in the third round won’t make it, but then it becomes vital they move Zboril for an opportunity to sign a college kid or some euro who probably won’t make it.

Seems to me some folks want to have it both ways. If a third round pick in the future doesn’t matter, then neither does the opportunity to sign some rando overage college kid, no?
I am with you.

I get it, his cap hit doesn't matter for the playoffs (It doesn't).

But next year he better be adding some sort of value for the 2.75 price tag. Otherwise we're looking at another buyout candidate, or just recycling the Forbort, Mike Reilly contracts for two more years.

My opinion thus far on him is he's been unnoticeable in a good way. To me that's not necessarily worth 2.75 but to many on here it does.

I also don't necessarily agree that with Wotherspoon and Peeke we beat florida last year. That seems like an odd take.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Interesting you mention this, I heard Billy Jaffe mention this recently on his podcast with Razor. I hadn't thought about it until he said it, but I can definitely remember times in the last couple weeks that they opted to just punt, as Jaffe put it. Don't try skating it out cleanly or going for the outlet. Just gather, turn, and fire. Catch a blow and regroup.

Of course it can't be the strategy on every entry into their end of the ice, but here and there it's fine. I guess I would rather they just fire it down the other end or lob it 100 ft sometimes than make a risky play up the middle to a forward. Not sure if this change has been a Monty thing, or a product of the roster, but I like it

A ton of goals against last year vs Florida were in spots where they got cute where they could have done a simple hard clear. In the last few weeks you've seen them execute it correctly, and they're winning in some spots that earlier in the year they'd choke in. Very much the Peeke-Wotherspoon way.

I am with you.

I get it, his cap hit doesn't matter for the playoffs (It doesn't).

But next year he better be adding some sort of value for the 2.75 price tag. Otherwise we're looking at another buyout candidate, or just recycling the Forbort, Mike Reilly contracts for two more years.

My opinion thus far on him is he's been unnoticeable in a good way. To me that's not necessarily worth 2.75 but to many on here it does.

I also don't necessarily agree that with Wotherspoon and Peeke we beat florida last year. That seems like an odd take.

Florida pushed us around and wore us out. That's two strong bodies you can swap out for guys that maybe didn't push back enough. And as I also explained, the Florida forecheck made our guys make mistakes, specially when funnelling the puck to the middle of the ice.

Peeke and Wotherspoon tend to look for the simple play.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Peeke has 27 hits for B’s over 11 GP. That projects to 200 over a full season. For a fan base that has been clamoring for more physicality on the backend I’d think that is at least a step in the right direction. I keep hearing overpay, but it’s 3rd rounder in the future while the team, against all odds, is actually capable of doing something in the playoffs now.

What I do know, is that if we face TB (likely) or FLA in the playoffs, I want some size and physicality on the back end. If it comes in the form of a stay at home guy who so far has been pretty reliable in our end, then a third rounder in the future gives me no heartache.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Peeke has 27 hits for B’s over 11 GP. That projects to 200 over a full season. For a fan base that has been clamoring for more physicality on the backend I’d think that is at least a step in the right direction. I keep hearing overpay, but it’s 3rd rounder in the future while the team, against all odds, is actually capable of doing something in the playoffs now.

What I do know, is that if we face TB (likely) or FLA in the playoffs, I want some size and physicality on the back end. If it comes in the form of a stay at home guy who so far has been pretty reliable in our end, then a third rounder in the future gives me no heartache.

The boost in size Sweenius pulled off with Brazeau, Maroon, Peeke and Wotherspoon is impressive. We can't make our C's play bigger than they are. But increasing some of the heft around the team is going to make those battles against Reinhart/Barkov types just a bit easier. Full marks from me.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He’s pretty good

Not perfect so he will make mistakes but give him a camp and some McQuaid ironing out bad habits

I know Sweeney isn’t as smart as us but he may have got a steal

But McQuaid made the call so if he is good we got an out

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
I, unfortunately went last night, they were awful. But as folks should know by now, Peeke is my new binky. He has warts that a good camp and continued coaching should help advance his performance.
What should not be changed is the fact that he is effectively the most physical Dman we have had in a while. He works to clear the net and doesn't let up, very seldom takes the worst of a hit retrieving pucks, is a pretty good skater, shows occasional ability to jump up.
Best case scenario is another Carlo(similar draft position) , and with Carlo's history of inconsistency(injury history aside), we should have a little patience, beyond this season.

Reactions: BMC and 4ORRBRUIN

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
He’s pretty good

Not perfect so he will make mistakes but give him a camp and some McQuaid ironing out bad habits

I know Sweeney isn’t as smart as us but he may have got a steal

But McQuaid made the call so if he is good we got an out
Adam McQuaid can do no wrong in my book. And Kevan Miller (another favorite who can do no wrong in my book) and I will kick the ever living shit out anyone who says otherwise.

• Love
Reactions: BMC

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Zboril draft pick.

I, unfortunately went last night, they were awful. But as folks should know by now, Peeke is my new binky. He has warts that a good camp and continued coaching should help advance his performance.
What should not be changed is the fact that he is effectively the most physical Dman we have had in a while. He works to clear the net and doesn't let up, very seldom takes the worst of a hit retrieving pucks, is a pretty good skater, shows occasional ability to jump up.
Best case scenario is another Carlo(similar draft position) , and with Carlo's history of inconsistency(injury history aside), we should have a little patience, beyond this season.
Excellent summation

• Love
Reactions: Mad-Marcus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad