Andrew Mangiapane first career hattrick vs. Ducks

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
He's been awesome for us this year, it is well-deserved. Would love to see him get 20-25 goals this year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
He's been awesome for us this year, it is well-deserved. Would love to see him get 20-25 goals this year.

Pretty much this.

Great motor on this guy and he and dube are both going to surprise as might the Flames in the playoffs.

I still have no idea on why he fell to 166 in the 15 draft.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Pretty much this.

Great motor on this guy and he and dube are both going to surprise as might the Flames in the playoffs.

Dube is quite similar to him. Hopefully he turns into him with a little more consistency maybe even more upside by next year. Dube reminds me of a Darcy Tucker or Mike Pecca when he's on his game.

Reactions: Karri Ramone

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Dube is quite similar to him. Hopefully he turns into him with a little more consistency maybe even more upside by next year. Dube reminds me of a Darcy Tucker or Mike Pecca when he's on his game.

I saw quite a bit of Dube in the Dub and was always impressed.

Speaking of Tucker, he, Gallagher and Dube are the 3 guys I really wished the Canucks had picked in theri draft years.

You just knew watching them in the Dub that they would all succeed.

Reactions: Tofveve

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Pretty much this.

As always, size. At the draft he was 5'9- 160 lbs or so. Flames scouts were watching Rasmus Andersson closely and saw that Mangiapane played bigger than his size and wasn't just the product of playing with an overage center and getting top line minutes. Apparently Winnipeg also wanted him but Calgary snagged him a few picks ahead, one of their scouts was seen cursing and slamming his fist on the table when Calgary called his name.

Reactions: L13 and Tofveve

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Pretty much this.

Because he's not very big. He was undrafted in the OHL and I believe he was drafted a year after he was first eligible. He has improved every single year since he first entered the OHL up until now. I can see him becoming a perennial 50 point guy going forward, he has one of the best shots on the team despite his small stature, he just doesn't have that many shots this year.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Pretty much this.

The Flames need to make the playoffs first and we won't get to beat up on bad teams in the playoffs. I like the optimism but knowing the Flames they get blown out now next 2 games.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
With Mangiapane, Dube, and Backlund all playing at around .5 ppg lately the flames mid six and overall depth is starting to look much better. Even Lucic and Bennett have gotten a lot more productive.

If the flames can get Monahan/Gaudreau firing again and shore up the defence, they will be looking great again.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Gaudreau has 11 points in 10 games since the all-star break. And he's still been unlucky at times. As of now, I'd say he's firing.
He's not what he was last year though. He's not dominating games the way he was.

Monahan also has only 5 points in that time. Getting that duo clicking again is the missing piece of the offence.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Gaudreau has 11 points in 10 games since the all-star break. And he's still been unlucky at times. As of now, I'd say he's firing.

Glad you brought that up because I was about to in our GDT (as a late entry). Outside of goals, Johnny looks to be stepping up and getting points. I didn't actually tabulate the points, but it seemed to me a ppg or better.

Also, he must have had 5 shots today. One crossbar.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
He's not what he was last year though. He's not dominating games the way he was.

Monahan also has only 5 points in that time. Getting that duo clicking again is the missing piece of the offence.

He's definitely, noticeably picked his game up in last ten games. Could have easily had 5 or more points and a handful of goals. He's actually been looking good for awhile.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
He's definitely, noticeably picked his game up in last ten games. Could have easily had 5 or more points and a handful of goals. He's actually been looking good for awhile.
Gaudreau I hope you mean because Monahan has pulled his yearly disappearing act. Probably injured again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad