Player Discussion Andrew Mangiapane #88 - Eat That Bread, Man

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Mangiapane's meteoric rise makes it far easier to give up Tkachuk in a trade for Eichel. Or moving Gaudreau if he's not re-signing. There's more than enough depth on the left wing that not trading someone to address the middle or right wing would be colossal mismanagement.

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
C4oMIjX_d.webp

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Assuming we still have Johnny and Tkachuk, who’s in your top 6. Mangi definitely gives the Flames options, this guy needs to get locked up.
If both stay, I like Tkachuk more on the RW than Mangiapane. Mangi always looked awkward on the right and felt like a victim of our bad depth there. Dube also doesn't belong there either and should be moved to centre full-time next year

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
If both stay, I like Tkachuk more on the RW than Mangiapane. Mangi always looked awkward on the right and felt like a victim of our bad depth there. Dube also doesn't belong there either and should be moved to centre full-time next year
Never forget Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk was the top line to end the season and was hot. Maybe the lineup won't look exactly the same but Mangiapane already has an easy path into the top 6 with Monahan/Backlund as his centre.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Mangiapane's meteoric rise makes it far easier to give up Tkachuk in a trade for Eichel. Or moving Gaudreau if he's not re-signing. There's more than enough depth on the left wing that not trading someone to address the middle or right wing would be colossal mismanagement.
Pump the breaks a bit on all of this.
He had a great tournament but. pump the breaks.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Pump the breaks a bit on all of this.
He had a great tournament but. pump the breaks.
Pretty much. This means somewhere between zero and nothing. Like when Matthew Lombardi led Canada in scoring in 2007.

Mangi had a great tournament, but it's just that a great handful of games in a short tournament played on different sized ice.

That said, we have a lot to be excited about because of his play this season, he improved from just shy of a 40 point per 82 pace, to just shy of a 50 point pace and from about a 20 goal pace, to a 25 goal pace, while still spending too m uch time on the 3rd line. Ideally Mangiapane sees the full 2021-22 season in the top 6 and maybe we can see him approach 55-60 points.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Oh? And how many World Hockey Championships MVP awards are on your mantle? EatBread should be proud of his performance, played a huge part in turning Team Canada around.
It was pretty f***ing obvious I was referring to his career projection, I never suggested he shouldn't be proud of it.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I look forward to when Mangiapane's name is included in trade rumours and fan criticism when the team under performs. That's how you know you've made it.

So much silence on the HF trade front for mangiapane... I guess we'll keep him.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
So much silence on the HF trade front for mangiapane... I guess we'll keep him.

One Habs guy offered an extended Armia for him which rightfully met criticism. Also though some Flames posters (who I can only assume have been laughed off our team board) countered by saying Mangi has more value than Kotkaniemi

Pretty typical hftrade exchange

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I asked my Magic 8-ball tonight, what’s the over under on Mangi getting 100+ points next season? It said, outcome is favourable.

Reactions: Mazatt

GumbyCan2

Jul 7, 2019
Warm & Sunny
Or, not very popular but may be improved growth as far as overall team, if:
M Tkachuk to Ott, for (c) Josh Norris and (RW) Drake Batherson plus?. Or, the other way and offer Sean Monahan and say, 'p' Jakob Pelletier for C / W Brady 'badboy2' Tkachuk and try for W A Formenton?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Mangi living that Matt Lombardi life right now.
Now he needs to make that next step this upcoming season.

If Calgary can add a big centre... boy this team is going be nightmares to deal with on the top 6.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
Mangi living that Matt Lombardi life right now.
Now he needs to make that next step this upcoming season.

If Calgary can add a big centre... boy this team is going be nightmares to deal with on the top 6.

I dunno, I think Mangiapane this year showed he has become a pretty well rounded forward. If he can be a 40 point, 20 goal player we are laughing.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I dunno, I think Mangiapane this year showed he has become a pretty well rounded forward. If he can be a 40 point, 20 goal player we are laughing.

Matt Lombardi was ~40 point player in Calgary, and ridiculously good on the international circuit for Canada.
Me saying that was not a negative, it was just a reminder about these international tournaments; Mangi had an incredible season, and incredible tournament, now I want to see him become that major player he can be (maybe we need to find room for him on the PP?).

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
Matt Lombardi was ~40 point player in Calgary, and ridiculously good on the international circuit for Canada.
Me saying that was not a negative, it was just a reminder about these international tournaments; Mangi had an incredible season, and incredible tournament, now I want to see him become that major player he can be (maybe we need to find room for him on the PP?).

But can he score on a breakaway and not shoot it into the crowd? If so, he's already surpassed Matthew Lombardi

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
When I suggested 25/50 it's because his per 82 game pace was quite close to those numbers, with 1-2 goals and 3-4 points iirc.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad