Proposal: Andrew Macdonald to Dallas for Lehtonen

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
From what I've seen of Lehtonen I'd say the Stars decline, haven't seen him play a bad game but only really saw him play against the Rags and Isles so I'm not certain.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Lehtonen is 5th in the NHL in 5v5 sv% for goalies with as many minutes as him. If we had any semblance of a PK/4v4/3v3 game he'd be the overlooked good season of the year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
2 extra years is a big fat NO .

Also Lehtonen is the better goalie. Rather keep him than Niemi if we're forced to keep one.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lehtonen is 5th in the NHL in 5v5 sv% for goalies with as many minutes as him. If we had any semblance of a PK/4v4/3v3 game he'd be the overlooked good season of the year.

Meh

Where does he rank the last two years before this in even strength save percentage? Pretty sure terrible.

Seems like a fair deal though.

bbcelite

Oct 11, 2009
Bavaria
Robbery for the Flyers. Mason is the best goalie here, but i would take Lehtonen for him when that means we get rid of MacD.

Don´t know if it would work cap wise
Mason (4.1) and Neuvy (1.6) are UFA
MacD 3 yr left 5.0
Lehtonen 1 yr left 5.9

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Meh

Where does he rank the last two years before this in even strength save percentage? Pretty sure terrible.

And pretty good the two years before that. Not sure what point you are making or why any person capable of internet use thinks any team should add MacDonald.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Meh

In what world is taking back 2 extra years of a third pairing defenseman costing 5 Million a year a fair deal ? Buying out Lehtonen after this year expires earlier than that and is more cost efficient. Absolutely horrible.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And pretty good the two years before that. Not sure what point you are making or why any person capable of internet use thinks any team should add MacDonald.
He was good before 2014-2015, but we now have enough evidence to conclude he is rapidly declining. Eye test confirms it too. Even in the games he plays well, he's good for a weak goal.
In what world is taking back 2 extra years of a third pairing defenseman costing 5 Million a year a fair deal ? Buying out Lehtonen after this year expires earlier than that and is more cost efficient. Absolutely horrible.
I guess I forgot how many years were left on MacDonald's deal.

That was quite a contract by Holmgren.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
He was good before 2014-2015, but we now have enough evidence to conclude he is rapidly declining. Eye test confirms it too. Even in the games he plays well, he's good for a weak goal.

I really wish this were the case, as maybe someone would think he was salvageable, but he's never been a positive CF%Rel player over a season in his entire career unless you count 3 games in 2008-09. He's also a terrible fit for Hakstol's system. Super nice guy from all accounts, though. Playing with a young guy in the AHL is the perfect role for him -- he looked quite good at that level.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Amac has a Phantoms jersey in his future unless someone will take him at 50% retained, which is still doubtful.

Yeah, he's going to the AHL as soon as he reaches the 40/70 threshold for the expansion draft.

Oh wait, that happened a while ago and he's still on the Flyers and actually averages the 2nd most ice time on the team.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Meh

except Dallas takes on 2 extra years of horrible contract. Dallas can buy Niemie out this summer to get rid of a goalie

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012

He is 5th in the NHL at 5v5 sv% among goalies with as many minutes. Don't know what sample you are using for your eye test but mine is probably bigger and says much improved. There's no evidence of rapid decline at all.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He is 5th in the NHL at 5v5 sv% among goalies with as many minutes. Don't know what sample you are using for your eye test but mine is probably bigger and says much improved. There's no evidence of rapid decline at all.

Hello, have you seen the 2 years of Lehtonen before this? One of the worst even strength save percentages in the league, one of the worst save percentages in the league overall, including this year.

How is that not evidence of a rapid decline? And in the playoffs last year? How about game 7 of the St Louis series, when he sunk the team in a matter of minutes? Or were those goals the ''Defense's fault'' too? If those weren't weak goals then there is no such thing as a weak goal or any goal being the goalie's fault ever.

The sympathy and passes the Stars goalies get are undeserved. As if it's not just a possibility that Lehtonen (and Niemi now too) are BAD goaltenders and not just products of a poor defensive team. It's like that's not even a possibility to some people. Eye test and stats both back it up. Like the game recently where Niemi allowed 3 goals on 3 shots and ALL 3 were stoppable goals. Then there was the game where Lehtonen let in 4 goals against the Kings, with at least 3 of them being weak as ****, he was yanked late in the 3rd and they wound up winning the game with Niemi in relief. Then Niemi got hot, before proceeding to end that hot streak with the 3 weak goals on 3 shots in the opening minutes, which I just referenced.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->