Andrew Ladds potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

For those who watch the hitmen alot what is this guys potential?he's a powerforward but how skilled is he? I'd like to see the Ducks draft him if they can't get Cam Barker...is it realistic he will be available at about the 10th pick?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Qubax said:
yah his stock is faling he'll be there at ten..not sure the Ducks should take him thou

his stock is falling?

lol i didnt know a stock could fall up.

He's slowly climbed both RedLine and McKeen's lists.

Considering NO ONE expected his performance this season, I dont think he could fall that far.

Hitman*

The way he plays with Getzlaf, if he's available, the Ducks woulf be stupid not to take him

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
I hadn't been impressed by what I've seen of him this season until last Thursday's game against Red Deer. I had figured Ryan Getzlaf was a big part of the reason he'd been looking so good this year, but Getzlaf had a bad game and Ladd wound up providing most of the offensive excitement for the Hitmen. He was beating defencemen to the outside, sometimes by muscling his way around them and other times by using his acceleration. A guy that can do both of those things is worth a low first-round pick, and he'd probably fit well with Fedorov.

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Lard_Lad said:
I hadn't been impressed by what I've seen of him this season until last Thursday's game against Red Deer. I had figured Ryan Getzlaf was a big part of the reason he'd been looking so good this year, but Getzlaf had a bad game and Ladd wound up providing most of the offensive excitement for the Hitmen. He was beating defencemen to the outside, sometimes by muscling his way around them and other times by using his acceleration. A guy that can do both of those things is worth a low first-round pick, and he'd probably fit well with Fedorov.

He's also been using his body much more now then he has at any time in the season. It's nice to see, finally! While I personally wouldn't call him a powerforward, he's finally using his size down low, and his playmaking skills are incredible.

In my mind, he's a better playmaker then goal scorer, which is something you don't see a lot out of big wingers.

To the scouts I've talked to, he's worthy of a top-5 selection.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
Qubax said:
yah his stock is faling he'll be there at ten..not sure the Ducks should take him thou

His stock isn't falling unless you thought his "stock" was his mid-season ranking in the CSB list and even then it would be hard to argue he's been falling.

Saw him last night and was very impressed. I see him as being close to the same calibre of prospect as Ryan Getzlaf and I think very highly of Getzlaf. In fact there was a couple times when I couldn't see his # that I actually mistook him for Getzlaf based on his skill. This year in a weaker draft I'd imagine he's a fairly solid lock for the top 12. Would love to see the Flames pick him up but I don't think that's realistic unless we move up in the draft.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
personally i dont think he gets enough credit. he isnt a finished product obviously but the foundation is there.

a lot of the talk reminds me exactly of what was said about Getzlaf last year and after another year of juniors suddenly those rumors go away.

I can see a similar situation with Ladd happening.

Happens every year, people jump on a bandwagon to either like or dislike a particular prospect and then a year later EVERYONE claims they were always high on him.

Ladd isn't flashy but i do believe he is a very solid prospect.

People tend to forget the long chunks he played without Getzlaf this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad