Player Discussion: Andrew Ladd

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Frustrating. Fritz will do nothing in 4 games and then they'll send him down and call up Ho-Sang, maybe...if he behaves himself.

Reactions: Bood12 and SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Frustrating. Fritz will do nothing in 4 games and then they'll send him down and call up Ho-Sang, maybe...if he behaves himself.

I know Ho-Sang has had his turnovers and irresponsible plays but he should be the one playing in Quines spot until Bailey returns.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I don’t think we’ll see JHS again this year. The team is absolutely decimated by injuries right now and they’d still rather play useless garbage over him.

Reactions: YesCubed and SI90

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I don’t think we’ll see JHS again this year. The team is absolutely decimated by injuries right now and they’d still rather play useless garbage over him.
He just needs to do what he did last season. Play a structured, responsible game with calculated risks rather than constant high risk, low reward plays and he'll earn more trust and another call-up.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
He just needs to do what he did last season. Play a structured, responsible game with calculated risks rather than constant high risk, low reward plays and he'll earn more trust and another call-up.

Exactly this. I don’t see why fans are upset at anyone other than Ho Sang. Last year, at the beginning of his call up he played reasonably well positionally, had his head on a swivel and took reasonable risks.

This year it’s not there at all. I don’t think the Isles are expecting him to become Patrice Bergeron. Just don’t take high risk low reward gambles. Like the ones where he falls down rushing the puck as the last man back.

Reactions: MattBarzal and Konk

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Fritz has learned all he can from the AHL, JHS needs more seasoning...

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Except for the tweet nobody mentioned Ladd so far. Those upper lower body injuries are tricky. Clean out his locker . Bah Buy.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Fritz either C's for Cal and Chimera or replaces Quine with JT or swaps with Prince.

Personally, I would move Quine into Casey's spot. bump up Prince and have Dal Colle and Fritz flank Nelson.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Well we are 2-0 with Quine on the top line after a long stretch of losing, OK pile on, throw popcorn, turn over tables... j/k... I would bring JHS up to be on that top line. Quine is to be a poor man's Bailey on that line which is a passing forward, but Quine just gets in JT's way, and I am his biggest support on this site and say that.

Well this is our 12 man unit now

Lee/Engaged Guy/Quine
Beau/Barzal/Guitar Jord
Raspberry Beret/Jane Eyre/MDC
Kirk Douglas/Mitch Glass/Ron Jeremy

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
When I saw Ho-Sang live (against Tampa the second time), his turnovers were just too much. He would just keep trying to circle away from opponents in terrible areas like the blueline or behind the Islanders' net, and he eventually ran out of room and would turn it over. That just can't happen.

He needs to keep things more north-to-south if he's going to earn the trust of an NHL coach.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Exactly this. I don’t see why fans are upset at anyone other than Ho Sang. Last year, at the beginning of his call up he played reasonably well positionally, had his head on a swivel and took reasonable risks.

This year it’s not there at all. I don’t think the Isles are expecting him to become Patrice Bergeron. Just don’t take high risk low reward gambles. Like the ones where he falls down rushing the puck as the last man back.

because JHS gives the team a better chance to win on a nightly basis than chimera, quine, fritz, bernier, clutterbuck, etc

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I know Ho-Sang has had his turnovers and irresponsible plays but he should be the one playing in Quines spot until Bailey returns.

I agree, while I understand Fritz over Ho Sang if we looking at a bottom 6 spot, Ho Sang should get the callup for top 6 RW

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
Well we are 2-0 with Quine on the top line after a long stretch of losing, OK pile on, throw popcorn, turn over tables... j/k... I would bring JHS up to be on that top line. Quine is to be a poor man's Bailey on that line which is a passing forward, but Quine just gets in JT's way, and I am his biggest support on this site and say that.

Well this is our 12 man unit now

Lee/Engaged Guy/Quine
Beau/Barzal/Guitar Jord
Raspberry Beret/Jane Eyre/MDC
Kirk Douglas/Mitch Glass/Ron Jeremy

quine is a gutter trash player and the fact that he's on the first line is the reason this team will never win a cup with snow or weight at the helm

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Sadly he’ll be doing that in Bridgeport the rest of the year and helping them get into the Calder Cup playoffs.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008

Agreed.

Ho-Sang has often marched to the beat of his own drum. He gets into his old patterns of trying to make everything look pretty. Sometimes making the simple plays eventually leads to opportunities to do something pretty, but Ho-Sang hasn't learned that yet. Everytime he seems to figure it out (last season), he ends up back to his old familiar habits (this season).

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Sadly he’ll be doing that in Bridgeport the rest of the year and helping them get into the Calder Cup playoffs.
Maybe that's what he needs.

Although I think he'll be back up at or after the deadline.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Maybe that's what he needs.

Although I think he'll be back up at or after the deadline.
Maybe so but he is still a better option than Fritz, Quine, Prince or Chimera. What the team needs none of those 4 have it to give.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
I cant believe some of you. This has nothing to do with Ladd. I pointed this out yesterday. We have a bottom 6 center problem with Casey out for weeks. JHS dosn't solve this. Not unless you want Nelson and Quine to lose every face-off. Bailey is first up to return and will displace Quine but this is not a top six problem. I think I would have rathered Gionta than Fritz.

Reactions: Konk

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Maybe so but he is still a better option than Fritz, Quine, Prince or Chimera. What the team needs none of those 4 have it to give.
Not if he's causing more offensive scoring chances a game than he's creating, which is what he was doing before getting sent down.

We need defensive stability right now from the bottom six. JHS does not provide that.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I cant believe some of you. This has nothing to do with Ladd. I pointed this out yesterday. We have a bottom 6 center problem with Casey out for weeks. JHS dosn't solve this. Not unless you want Nelson and Quine to lose every face-off. Bailey is first up to return and will displace Quine but this is not a top six problem. I think I would have rathered Gionta than Fritz.

You move Quine to the 4th line and don't play them much. Put Ho-Sang on the top line. That inserts skill into the lineup, rather than diluting the team even more with these fillers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad