Player Discussion Andrew Hammond (Signed as Free Agent, 2019)

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Former BGSU goalie trains for next NHL chance in northwest Ohio

Former BGSU goalie trains for next NHL chance in northwest Ohio

MARK MONROE
The Blade
[email protected]

As a young Canadian goaltender aspiring to reach the highest level of hockey, Andrew Hammond could have never envisioned how northwest Ohio would play such a crucial role in his journey.

Hammond credits his time as the No. 1 goaltender at Bowling Green State University for helping him reach the NHL. The 31-year-old, who resides in Monclova Township, has appeared in 56 NHL games for the Ottawa Senators and Colorado Avalanche.

The former Falcon, who still trains in Northwest Ohio during the offseason, appeared in 119 games at BGSU over four seasons (2009-13).

Reactions: Paxon

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
Hammond's new mask for the season.

JME27gY.jpg

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Do we have a picture of his Rochester mask? Methinks that Sabres themed mask will not fly in Rochester.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
What happened, I thought he was supposed to be the next Hasek a few years ago? Isnt he the guy that made Lehner expendable in Ottawa?

Edit: just checked his stats, why was he available? I mean he had an unsustainable 1.79 gaa and .941 sv% in his rookie year but hes been a pretty reliable .930 type goalie outside 6 games with an atrocious Ottawa team in 2016-17. I didnt even notice this when it happened, might be the most underrated move of the year so far.

Reactions: Mitts888

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad