Recalled/Assigned: Andrew Gordon Called Up

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
https://twitter.com/News1130Sports/status/314721896841240576
Have learned the #Canucks have called up forward Andrew Gordon for tonight's game in Phoenix.

https://twitter.com/News1130Sports/status/314722050948345857
Gordon had 16 goals and 10 assists in 47 games for the #Chicago Wolves. GM Wendell Young says Gordon is their best player right now.

The player superstar we acquired for Sebastian Erixon last year will be making his Canucks debut.

Last edited:

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Holy ****...you have got to be ****ing kidding me. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah clearly nobody wants to trade with Gillis right now or did we just give up on the season?

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
You think you could just pick up Boychuk off waivers than pick up Gordon. THat is a far better move than bringing up Gordon's useless ass.

Problem is that the Canucks are at 48 contracts, and with the Canucks chasing that monster college Dman and other needs, adding a player like Boychuk who isn't much different from players such as Schroeder, and Ebbett isn't a smart move when you look at what the Canucks need to do coming up to the deadline.

Cocoa Crisp

Mar 8, 2006
NYC
Is this a case of reporters asking Wendell Young about Gordon, or is it the more disturbing possibility that the Canucks rely on the opinion of the Wolves' GM as to who they should call up in case of injury?

Because if it's the latter, Young has an agenda over and above the Canucks best interest. His AHL team is also not that good as is, calling his judgement into question as well.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Is Gordon a center?

Yes.

Is this a case of reporters asking Wendell Young about Gordon, or is it the more disturbing possibility that the Canucks rely on the opinion of the Wolves' GM as to who they should call up in case of injury?

Because if it's the latter, Young has an agenda over and above the Canucks best interest. His AHL team is also not that good as is, calling his judgement into question as well.

He's the best centre on their roster, so if the Canucks were looking to call up a centre then his comments make sense. He's not the best player overall.

Peter

Mar 1, 2002
Alberta
Visit site
You think you could just pick up Boychuk off waivers than pick up Gordon. THat is a far better move than bringing up Gordon's useless ass.

Are you kidding me. Gordon is awesome. Why bother rewarding Bill Sweatt after all the effort that guy has brung. Why bother giving Jensen a kick at the old NHL can for a couple of games to get his pro-beak wet. Why bother encouraging Rodin to stay in North America next season by giving him a couple of NHL paychecks and games. Nope. Gordon is the man. He will single handedly bring this team around. I am super stoked about this call up.........now where did I put that sarcasm sign of mine???

BerSTUzzi

Jan 24, 2006
Kamloops
Problem is that the Canucks are at 48 contracts, and with the Canucks chasing that monster college Dman and other needs, adding a player like Boychuk who isn't much different from players such as Schroeder, and Ebbett isn't a smart move when you look at what the Canucks need to do coming up to the deadline.

You are right and I knew that, just so damn bitter at Gordon ahead of Archie or at least Jensen for 3-4 games.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Are you kidding me. Gordon is awesome. Why bother rewarding Bill Sweatt after all the effort that guy has brung. Why bother giving Jensen a kick at the old NHL can for a couple of games to get his pro-beak wet. Why bother encouraging Rodin to stay in North America next season by giving him a couple of NHL paychecks and games. Nope. Gordon is the man. He will single handedly bring this team around. I am super stoked about this call up.........now where did I put that sarcasm sign of mine???

Rodin can barely hold his own in the AHL right now and is injured anyway. Sweatt sucks and is overrated by the fans around here and he's injured. Jensen needs more time to figure things out.

Babs

Feb 20, 2008
Kelowna
Who makes the decision on these call ups Gillis or AV? Why wouldn't we call Jensen up?

Fack this team is frustrating lately!!!:rant:

ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Feb 5, 2006
Calgary
Are you kidding me. Gordon is awesome. Why bother rewarding Bill Sweatt after all the effort that guy has brung.

Injured

Why bother giving Jensen a kick at the old NHL can for a couple of games to get his pro-beak wet.

Not ready.

Why bother encouraging Rodin to stay in North America next season by giving him a couple of NHL paychecks and games.

Injured

Nope. Gordon is the man. He will single handedly bring this team around. I am super stoked about this call up.........now where did I put that sarcasm sign of mine???

Anything else? The over-reaction here so far is quite amusing

Cocoa Crisp

Mar 8, 2006
NYC
He's the best centre on their roster, so if the Canucks were looking to call up a centre then his comments make sense. He's not the best player overall.

Why are we calling up a center? Neither Sestito or Kassian are centers.

arsmaster*

I'd have preferred to see Archibald, but I'm not taking it as hard as berStuzzi. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->