Value of: Andrew Copp and Mason Appleton

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Appleton worthless. Copp maybe a high 3rd. Trading Copp is addition by subtraction. Then Maurice can't put him on a scoring line.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’d love to grab Copp or the unmentioned Lowry but unfortunately we don’t have an 2nd this year or next which I would assume would be the ask.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Appleton should prove himself with the Jets. He seems to have weak 2nd line or good 3rd line realistic potential. Maybe more maybe less. That’s the problem with trading him. No one wants to pay full price for another teams potential and I don’t blame them.

Copp is a dominant, physical possession player but doesn’t have those sexy points that these fan boards crave. So I wouldn’t expect much of an offer for him. I’m seeing a 3rd being offered like I suspected. I’ll bet he goes home to Detroit as a UFA. Seems like perfect timing.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Copp is well established as a very strong defensive C who can play middle 6 and is a very good PKer.

Appleton has become a solid bottom-6 forward who was an AHL 1st team all star and rookie of the year in his first pro season.

download (48).png

Whileee

May 29, 2010
No reason to move either, especially for draft picks.

IMO Copp has more to offer from a points perspective than he has shown and is a very solid player in all 3 zones. 2nd round pick, no chance.
Copp is actually very valuable. Look at the return that Goodrow and Coleman brought.

See below... Copp has been 4th among Jets in GAR over the past 3 seasons. Highly underrated by many fans, in Winnipeg and around the NHL.

download (49).png

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I love copp as a player but I fear he could be marching his way though his arbitration years straight to UFA like his buddy trouba. Hopefully the jets have an idea of his intentions... if thats the case you'd have to move him to get some value back. It would also factor into whether or not they re-sign lowry. They aren't interchangeable pieces but we need one of them as our bottom 6 C with gus.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I get that Copp doesn’t have the points and that Appleton is a bottom 6er but I’m not trading either of them for the picks other teams would give. I actually love what both those guys bring in their respective roles (great defensive play and C/W versatility and Tanev like 4th line energy) What would we get? Maybe a 2nd and 5th for useful players we have no immediate replacements for? Why?

Manhattan

Dec 23, 2013
Stockholm
”You don’t know What you have until you’ve lost it”.

Andrew Copp is a utility player that brings an A+ game defensively and has increased his points each season. Very good disciplin with only 54 PIM in 5 seasons.
Reliable in faceoffs 53-55%.

Since this isn’t a trade to gauche assets, I’m just stunned with threads like this and you gotta Ask yourself the question like many others:

Who are you playing instead?

This is nothing than Counter-productive.
These guys do not grow on trees.

Last edited:

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Copp isn't worth a first, but anything less and the Jets don't even consider it.

Appleton is only really worth a late pick, but it doesn't make sense to move him because while they aren't hurting for forward depth, they definitely aren't overflowing with it either.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
I don't get why we move either.

Copp is good for what he does. It's not his fault Maurice puts him in the top 6 from time to time. Leave him with Lowry to be part of our shutdown line.

Appleton isn't fully busted yet. Only move him when you need the spot or you're sure he's done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->