Player Discussion: Andrei Vasilevskiy

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Dont think we can go far without him. We play too open of a style for him to play like this. Need him to get going.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
And the fact that he's only 23. Assuming he's with us for the entirety of his career, those records will be blown away.

He'll have a good shot placing high on all time lists as well. Considering most goalies don't become full time starters until their late 20's, a guy like MAF is already 11th all time in wins because he became a starter at 21, Vasi has age on his side and will be playing for a well managed Lightning team for hopefully his entire prime.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Gotta be a good sign for things to come.

For right now, it feels like Vasy's still fighting it a bit. He's making big saves, but pucks are once again kind of bouncing off him to random areas of the ice. He's not really controlling things at the moment.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Gotta be a good sign for things to come.

For right now, it feels like Vasy's still fighting it a bit. He's making big saves, but pucks are once again kind of bouncing off him to random areas of the ice. He's not really controlling things at the moment.

I think if he can get to the second round, we see "holy crap did you see that save" Vasy again. Right now, he's worried about carrying the team when all of our lines (Hint: Stammer) are not clicking on either end of the ice.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think if he can get to the second round, we see "holy crap did you see that save" Vasy again. Right now, he's worried about carrying the team when all of our lines (Hint: Stammer) are not clicking on either end of the ice.

I don't know where you get that he's carrying us. Three of our lines are playing exceptionally well, and we've controlled most of the series.

Reactions: Matt Watson

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
:wave:
I'm sure he doesn't care all that much since he said so before (compared to the ultimate prize, this is nothing) but way to go Vasy!!! Learn and grow with your team!!
:wave:

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Probably a reach, but congrats all the same.
Agree it's a reach, though he was nothing less than spectacular for much of the season and it is a full season award. And, one stat that they may have taken into consideration was his SO save pct. (Which is in no way an endorsement by me of f**king shootouts).

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I don't know where you get that he's carrying us. Three of our lines are playing exceptionally well, and we've controlled most of the series.

2 of our defensive rotations, especially on the PK are still suspect. We'll have one good PK then a "hey look, Taylor Hall is all alone again" PK. We need to cut down the number of shots and get the PK working or it's a moot point.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Diggin' a bit more about his mysterious expression.
Here's a still pic version

and I thought the gif sorta looks like him stretching like a cat anyway
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->