Player Discussion: Andrei Vasilevskiy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I remember when many on the main forum laughed at us for paying Vasy the big bucks.

Hell a few folks on this board griped.

With all of the injuries at the moment, we only make it to the playoffs on the back of The Big Cat.

Remember that as we move forward, he's good enough to steal a Championship.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I remember when many on the main forum laughed at us for paying Vasy the big bucks.

With all of the injuries at the moment, we only make it to the playoffs on the back of The Big Cat.

It definitely seems like he's taken that next step to becoming elite. Would love to see him steal a series or otherwise completely shutdown an opponent this postseason.

Reactions: Loki Dekker

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

It's not as if people here unanimously liked it either. Big goalie contracts are always a risk, there's no doubt about that. And when Vasi signed that contract I don't think he had done enough to warrant it. But ever since we returned to play with the Covid Cup, Vasi has been stellar. That to me is what a 9.5 million goalie should look like.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I think he may have "clinched" league lead in wins last night with Colorado losing.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think he may have "clinched" league lead in wins last night with Colorado losing.

I'm pretty sure you're right. You can make a case that Hedman fell off too hard to win the Norris but Vasilevskiy ought to have the Vezina on lock. He's allowed like 7 bad goals all year? And they all usually came in the same games and he was just off that night. Now imagine his GAA and save % if he didn't have any stinkers.

I was not happy with that $9.5 million AAV but I'll gladly shovel shit out of the cat box for being wrong about it

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I'm pretty sure you're right. You can make a case that Hedman fell off too hard to win the Norris but Vasilevskiy ought to have the Vezina on lock. He's allowed like 7 bad goals all year? And they all usually came in the same games and he was just off that night. Now imagine his GAA and save % if he didn't have any stinkers.

I was not happy with that $9.5 million AAV but I'll gladly shovel shit out of the cat box for being wrong about it
Guy is just always bailing us out :laugh:

Love me some Big Cat

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Best goalie in the league, and honestly deserves recognition when it comes down to best players in the game period. This guy is exceptional imo, so lucky to have him as a Bolt.

TBFanKai

May 17, 2021
25% of his losses and a 3.61 GAA including the first playoff game. Not sure why they are his kryptonite. He has a 2.08 GAA versus the rest of the league this year. That's a huge difference.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Yea he needs to be better. I think he's got better in him and I think our d can play better too. FL has some good skill up front though. Kinda like playing us I'm sure goalies typically take a little dive when they play us.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I wonder how many odd man rushes and breakaways he faces against them versus other teams. The way the Panthers play just seems to produce way more of them than anyone else. They love to pick off our passes at the blue line and they will cherry pick constantly to get our defensemen to back off.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Part of the problem is that the Rutta, Serg, Savard, and sometimes McD are horrid at clearing the crease and giving Vasy to have clear vision of the puck movements. We have to do a better job clearing the crease in Game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->