Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Where's that RDTbay guy or whatever it was when you need him :sarcasm:

Reactions: DFC

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
One of my favorite scenes from BB, it's incredibly fitting right now :laugh: even the 'I had a guy' part.

As much as I like the putdown in general, you're right that it's the "I had a guy" aspect that makes it, unfortunately, very relevant in the context I'm aiming for here. Bishop had his stinkers over the years, both individually and collectively - Game 6 of the 2015 ECF kinda gets forgotten, as does that bizarre goal he gave up against Detroit in Game 4 of that year - but he's a tough guy who can put his team on his back and either carry them to victory by himself, or take them as far as he can before losing. His Game 7 history speaks for itself.

Vasi is softer than Charmin. Which would be fun if we wiped our ass with him. But I'll be shocked if any team he's the starting goaltender for ever wins a Cup. He's started here since the middle of 2016-'17. I've seen enough to feel this way with certainty by now.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
As much as I like the putdown in general, you're right that it's the "I had a guy" aspect that makes it, unfortunately, very relevant in the context I'm aiming for here. Bishop had his stinkers over the years, both individually and collectively - Game 6 of the 2015 ECF kinda gets forgotten, as does that bizarre goal he gave up against Detroit in Game 4 of that year - but he's a tough guy who can put his team on his back and either carry them to victory by himself, or take them as far as he can before losing. His Game 7 history speaks for itself.

Vasi is softer than Charmin. Which would be fun if we wiped our ass with him. But I'll be shocked if any team he's the starting goaltender for ever wins a Cup. He's started here since the middle of 2016-'17. I've seen enough to feel this way with certainty by now.

Yeah, I don't know about that Bishop and tough in the same sentence thing. What a surprise, he's already been injured, like almost the entire current playoff. If he comes back this week, I give it about a week before he goes down again.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
You guys do know Bishop had bad playoff games too right? Last night if you want an example.

Right now he only takes 3.5m in cap space, anyone got better suggestion for a goalie of the same caliber? Didn't think so. Right now Vasi could play below average and we still have good contract value. What's not good value is all the money on forwards who gave produced 4 goals in 11 periods.

Like it or not, we played that last game like Toronto, if you wanna play defense like that against Columbus you're going to lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoek

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Apart from last night's wraparound goal I can't remember a goal one could say is on Vasi. Maybe from the round robin crap but the actual playoffs? He's been solid as hell.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Means he's got one more gear to go. Hopefully we don't need him to steal one but it'd great to see him do it this round.

You're not going to be able steal a game when Tampa is in control in 90% of the games this playoffs, that only happens when the team in front of you it outmatched but he has definitely performed when Tampa takes shifts off.

Vasi is performing the absolute best in the situation he's in, he's not getting a ton of shots against but not letting in a ton of goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad