Andrei Vasilevskiy: Ovechkin's shot is radio-controlled

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Young me could have told you that. Watch him when he came in to the league and he most commonly used D as dummies and shot through their legs. The puck would elevate from a standstill and goalies didn't even react.

The greatest example was his playoff hat trick against the Pens in 2009. On the 3rd goal he shot threw Conchar's legs and the puck rose three feet to beat MAF.

Reactions: Apotheosis

PSUCapsFan

Jan 8, 2010
Irvine, CA
Like other posters have said, the curve on his blade and his release makes the puck wobble more than usual.

It’s his ability to get open and get shots off that takes him to another level. Very Brett Hull like.

konyr

Oct 3, 2018
Two "ballistic" pucks for Lundquist, favorite goalkeeper.

Last edited:

Canada Drai

Dwemer Remix
Oct 4, 2017
Let's try radio jamming Ovechkin's stick. I've seen it done before....once.....sometimes it has maximum effect!

haRBQL7.gif

Re-watching this and I feel so bad for #38, dude left his heart on the ice there.

Stick lift into poke into diving sprawl. Wow.

Reactions: Smart Alek

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Part of me is mad he won the cup last year because it gives him less of a reason to stay in the NHL until he's 40+.

He could EASILY beat Gretzky's goal scoring record if he plays to 40, so I really hope he does.

Reactions: CapsJunkie

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Part of me is mad he won the cup last year because it gives him less of a reason to stay in the NHL until he's 40+.

He could EASILY beat Gretzky's goal scoring record if he plays to 40, so I really hope he does.
He could but "easily" is the wrong word here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad