Andrei Vasilevskiy is on a 3 game shutout streak

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He has to do a lot more

The greatest goalie ever won 6 vezina's, 2 harts, 2 Lindsay's and had the greatest none big 4, 7 year stretch ever

Vasilevsky needs atleast a 6/7 year stretch with 3 vezina and 2-3 top 5 hart places to get consideration for being generational

Not many consider Brodeaur or Roy generational players and they accomplished much more than Vasilevsky has at this point.

He needs 4-5 more seasons as being the best goalie or 2nd best to be generational

I’m talking generational in a literal sense. What goalie since Price was drafted in 2005 from the next 10 drafts has accomplished more or we expect to accomplish more? He was generational when drafted and has been generational since. If you think generation is instead about 15-20 years, I’m not sure he doesn’t register as the best of the generation after Lundqvist.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I’m talking generational in a literal sense. What goalie since Price was drafted in 2005 from the next 10 drafts has accomplished more or we expect to accomplish more? He was generational when drafted and has been generational since. If you think generation is instead about 15-20 years, I’m not sure he doesn’t register as the best of the generation after Lundqvist.
Shestorkin I think will he best goalie post Lunqvuist/Luongo. Vasilevsky is elite and going to he extremely good for next half decade I just think a few younger goalies can be at his level or better

GJB

Dr. Hook
Aug 12, 2002
Shestorkin I think will he best goalie post Lunqvuist/Luongo. Vasilevsky is elite and going to he extremely good for next half decade I just think a few younger goalies can be at his level or better

Vasilevskiy is only 1 year older than Shesterkin.

At Shesterkin's current age, Vasilevskiy already had close to 200 games under his belt. What he has accomplished is incredibly rare for a goalie his age.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Vasilevskiy is only 1 year older than Shesterkin.

At Shesterkin's current age, Vasilevskiy already had close to 200 games under his belt. What he has accomplished is incredibly rare for a goalie his age.
Wow seriously?

Edit: damn, you're right.

One of the things about Vasi is he became an NHL goalie at an oddly young age (for the norm). He was a backup at 20, full time starter at 22, and a Vezina finalist at 23.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
He has to do a lot more

The greatest goalie ever won 6 vezina's, 2 harts, 2 Lindsay's and had the greatest none big 4, 7 year stretch ever

Vasilevsky needs atleast a 6/7 year stretch with 3 vezina and 2-3 top 5 hart places to get consideration for being generational

Not many consider Brodeaur or Roy generational players and they accomplished much more than Vasilevsky has at this point.

He needs 4-5 more seasons as being the best goalie or 2nd best to be generational
If Brodeur and Roy don't qualify then who does? Just Hasek?

Brodeur won 4 Vezinas in 5 years, and came in 2nd the other. Roy won 3 in 4 years, and had 4 other top 3 finishes. Generational is not reserved for solely the greatest of all time.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
He has to do a lot more

Man he said generational goalie, not generational player. If you look at the current landscape of NHL's goaltending it's really not close. Vasilevski has the consistency that all other goalies lack. He's consistently the best or among the best. That's the definition of generational among his peers. Nobody out of active goalies has been able to sustain that level of play for that long of a period except for him. He's the best one since Lundqvist. Price should not be even mentioned with a word "generational" in the same sentence. One great and two pretty good years and the guy was made out to be a superstar he never was.

Mr Burns

LOL U MAD BRO? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 9, 2020
He has to do a lot more

LOL to the bolded. :laugh:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
He's picked it right where he left after the playoffs. He has been playing the best 50 game stretch of his career (this dates back to end of last season + playoffs.)

When he plays like this we're very tough to beat

Mayhem41

Mar 17, 2019
O-Town, F-L-A
Good a spot as any to make fun of ESPN hockey analyst/crew. To think in their pre season hockey awards picks, not a single one picked Vasy, a former winner, Stanley Cup champion and 2 time finalist to win Vezina. Thats out of 12 "analyst". NOT A SINGLE ONE. 3 of them picked Hart, LMFAO. Super informed, that group.

Not saying he wins it, but that's ridiculous.

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
Thats the numbers you should get when you play in Tampa! He is good thats for sure but there are few better like Gibson, Rask, Marc-Andre, Lankinen out there

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Thats the numbers you should get when you play in Tampa! He is good thats for sure but there are few better like Gibson, Rask, Marc-Andre, Lankinen out there
I mean I'm not saying this is 100 % wrong. Playing in Tampa makes it easier for a goalie to have good numbers, no one should deny that. But are we really saying that a team in front of you means you should get 3 shutouts in a row and have a Sv% over .940? And to say Lankinen is better on top of that, lol.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
alEJf-.gif

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow seriously?

Edit: damn, you're right.

One of the things about Vasi is he became an NHL goalie at an oddly young age (for the norm). He was a backup at 20, full time starter at 22, and a Vezina finalist at 23.

It’s more than a year and a half, two drafts, but I agree with what’s being said. I don’t think there’s a goalie in the league in the same tier as Vasilevskiy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good a spot as any to make fun of ESPN hockey analyst/crew. To think in their pre season hockey awards picks, not a single one picked Vasy, a former winner, Stanley Cup champion and 2 time finalist to win Vezina. Thats out of 12 "analyst". NOT A SINGLE ONE. 3 of them picked Hart, LMFAO. Super informed, that group.

Not saying he wins it, but that's ridiculous.

I feel like there’s a hesitance to embrace that he’s one of the best players in the league. Maybe it’s because he’s Russian and plays for Tampa, instead of Canadian and for Montreal or Swedish and for NYR. Price and Lundqvist got plenty of recognition at their best. Vasilevskiy doesn’t get the recognition he deserves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->