Andrei Vasilevskiy is on a 3 game shutout streak

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
He's getting his best games out of the way early so he can blow it in the playoffs.

I can’t tell if this is serious or sarcasm?

We’re talking about the goalie who is the reigning cup champion and posted a .927 with a sub-2 GAA last playoffs?

He’s literally the last goalie on the planet right now to think will choke in the playoffs.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
He's getting his best games out of the way early so he can blow it in the playoffs.
Hush

tenor.gif

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
As a Canes fan, what impresses me more than the firepower of the Bolts is their defense. Having just played our brutal 4 in a row stretch against these guys, I am convinced they are the best team in hockey. They can outskill anyone in the league, even without Kucherov. But what will make them a playoff threat is their ability to play a shutdown, physical game.

My younger Canes need to learn how to play these kinds of games. We get destroyed if we play a really fast and physical defensive team, a la Boston and Tampa. I feel like we also need 1 or 2 Blake Coleman types to put us over the edge, and we probably need a little more experience for our core players as well.

It's true that Vasilevskiy is incredible, and I dare anyone to say he is not the most valuable goalie in the world right now. He is. He is an amazing last line of defense. However, what matters more is Tampa's very good defense. Look at their goal differential. I think they've allowed 39 goals against last I checked. That is ridiculous. Just checked - still true. They give up less than 2 goals a game.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
This is why I want teams to not be afraid of drafting goalies high in the furst round. The goalie can be the man.
Askarov lsst year. Jesper Wallstedt this year.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
At least one ten million goalie isnt disappointing so far. Disappointment will cone eventually though.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
At least one ten million goalie isnt disappointing so far. Disappointment will cone eventually though.
He's 26 with a 1st round pedigree, a career 0.920, a Vezina win, 2 additional nominations, and a Stanley Cup.

I'm not in favor of paying goalies that much, and disappointment just may happen at some point - but if there is one case to pay a goalie $9.5M, it's Andrei Vasilevskiy.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
As a Canes fan, what impresses me more than the firepower of the Bolts is their defense. Having just played our brutal 4 in a row stretch against these guys, I am convinced they are the best team in hockey. They can outskill anyone in the league, even without Kucherov. But what will make them a playoff threat is their ability to play a shutdown, physical game.

My younger Canes need to learn how to play these kinds of games. We get destroyed if we play a really fast and physical defensive team, a la Boston and Tampa. I feel like we also need 1 or 2 Blake Coleman types to put us over the edge, and we probably need a little more experience for our core players as well.

It's true that Vasilevskiy is incredible, and I dare anyone to say he is not the most valuable goalie in the world right now. He is. He is an amazing last line of defense. However, what matters more is Tampa's very good defense. Look at their goal differential. I think they've allowed 39 goals against last I checked. That is ridiculous. Just checked - still true. They give up less than 2 goals a game.
Yep, the difference between the Lightning that got swept and the Lightning that won the cup was the team committing to team defense rather than skilled run and gun offense. That and they needed to add 1 or 2 Blake Coleman types too.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
It’s literally not even fair to have such good skaters and then oh yeah, don’t forget this guy is the last line of defense. Same thing with Boston lol.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Fantastic goalie behind a fantastic team putting up gaudy stats.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I’ve said before that he’s a generational goalie. Some didn’t agree. I’m not really sure what else he had to do to be a generational goalie.
He has to do a lot more

The greatest goalie ever won 6 vezina's, 2 harts, 2 Lindsay's and had the greatest none big 4, 7 year stretch ever

Vasilevsky needs atleast a 6/7 year stretch with 3 vezina and 2-3 top 5 hart places to get consideration for being generational

Not many consider Brodeaur or Roy generational players and they accomplished much more than Vasilevsky has at this point.

He needs 4-5 more seasons as being the best goalie or 2nd best to be generational

Reactions: Excitable Boy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->