Andrei Svechnikov

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah, people knew he would be a beast, but still the kid is just 19. He now leads his team in points (and his team leads the NHL in points), plays good defense, and what a beauty empty netter he scored last night! He's really fast and explosive!

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, people knew he would be a beast, but still the kid is just 19. He now leads his team in points (and his team leads the NHL in points), plays good defense, and what a beauty empty netter he scored last night! He's really fast and explosive!

Good player. But should have waited for something better than an empty netter to kick off this appreciation/hype thread no?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Leading Carolina in points isn't enough? And it wasn't just an ordinary empty net goal, yeah.

It's an accomplishment.... don't know if it's main boards worthy... something flashier like a sick goal or a league wide accomplishment more so would be more appropriate.... but I'm not the main boards police so enjoy your thread :)

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
He's been making some great setup passes this year

A lot of people were expecting him to break out this year but I'm not sure too many expected it to be by racking up assists instead of goals. His passing ability so far this year has been a pleasant surprise, especially on the power play.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
HCRB should get a lot of credit for how well Svech has started. Last season Svech was on the third line learning the league with no powerplay time.

Now he's on the powerplay and moving up to play with better players. He wasn't ready last season. He is this season. That's excellent player development from a guy who knows a thing or two about making it as a high pick.

Svech is also a gym rat now. When the coach is one of the fittest guys in the room the players have to keep up. He looks up to Brindy. That much is clear.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
I was about to post about the "Svechnikov Model". Brind'Amour caught a lot of flak for "holding Svech back" last year. It was frustrating for the fans, because it was easy to see Svech's ability and spirit. But breaking him in slowly was absolutely the right thing to do. NJ is now doing the same with Jack Hughes. We are taking a similar approach with Kakko. I am sure it will be frustrating at times. I want to see Kakko with Panarin. But I also want to see Kakko develop in a similar way to Svechnikov, so I will be patient.

AhoLottaLove

Jun 30, 2010
from what i have seen he is cocky and reckless, especially after the whistle. it's strange that nobody in the organization didn't tell him to keep it down. if it continues, somebody will ring his bell again all right.

He just has to make sure the next guy he fights doesn't have a 40 lb size advantage.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
HCRB should get a lot of credit for how well Svech has started. Last season Svech was on the third line learning the league with no powerplay time.

Now he's on the powerplay and moving up to play with better players. He wasn't ready last season. He is this season. That's excellent player development from a guy who knows a thing or two about making it as a high pick.

Svech is also a gym rat now. When the coach is one of the fittest guys in the room the players have to keep up. He looks up to Brindy. That much is clear.
Probably training with Mayweather for that rematch am I right?

I’m ready for this kid. It’s a little awkward as a Caps fan to root for this team only because of last year, otherwise I previously knew they were about to be my clear #2 lol. I live next to Raleigh so I thought I was going to have a solid home-away-from-home team to see near by. Now they’re exciting, but in a threatening way, and Svechnikov is gonna be a menace.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

ijuka

May 14, 2016
He's been real good to start the season. It'll be very interesting to follow his and Dahlin's careers going forward.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
He's been real good to start the season. It'll be very interesting to follow his and Dahlin's careers going forward.
The thinking is Dahlin's cieling is Nicklas Lidström while Svechnikov's is Hossa. I'll take either in a heartbeat. Both are perfect for their teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad