Rumor: Andrei Markov's Agent Has Contacted Habs (Looking for $2M Contract)

Do you want Markov back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
MB should make another public spectacle and claim that there is only one contract spot available and it’s going to be first come, first served between Markov, McCarron and Hudon. :sarcasm:

Hudon and Markov new movie ...Tradin' places?

Hudon to Khl Markov to Nhl ... :) epic story....

One guy wants out..the other guy wants back in..

Year 2027..Charles Hudon wants to come back to Montreal???

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hudon and Markov new movie ...Tradin' places?

Hudon to Khl Markov to Nhl ... :) epic story....

One guy wants out..the other guy wants back in..

Year 2027..Charles Hudon wants to come back to Montreal???

Yeah but ... who ends up with the dog?

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Because Marc Bergevin was such a ****in moron with no respect for Markov when he said his stupid dog commentary. He should sign Markov to a 2M$ contrat, with a big signing bonus, so Markov can come and ends his career as a Habs. He's a LD also, that could help on the PP which nobody on our D can do except for Petry and Weber and both are RD. Worst case scenario you mutually agree to stop the contrat, but Markov will have received his signing bonus.

I wouldn't be up in arms if they sign him. But he is not the Markov everyone remembers anymore.

Habs and Bergevin don't owe anything to Markov no matter how negotiations went last time.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah but ... who ends up with the dog?

Runner, we can always add things into the script...how about this?

Hudon comes back to Montreal in 2027 , and plays for head coach Andrei Markov ....:)

Mike McCarron is General manager of the Laval Rocket

Victor Mete still has zero goals in 2027

Subban submits an offer to buy Montreal Canadiens?

Reactions: Aspirine

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Runner, we can always add things into the script...how about this?

Hudon comes back to Montreal in 2027 , and plays for head coach Andrei Markov ....:)

Mike McCarron is General manager of the Laval Rocket

Victor Mete still has zero goals in 2027

Subban submits an offer to buy Montreal Canadiens?

Love that whole lot of poetic justice packed into one post, lol.

Reactions: Aspirine

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I like Marky as much as the next guy but even for the Habs dismal D corps, he is over the hill. I am afraid even Chiarot will outskate him. Hell, even the March Weber.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I don't really want him back..and he was a fav of mine also BUT....when you look at pro vs cons....
1 .we know the player.
2. if we had his PP points last year we'd made the playoffs.
3. Markov at 37-38 was still eating 25 minutes a night!
4. If Habs do sign him , 12 minutes a game..with PP time..that be a easy load for him to handle....
5. Markov is better than signing Nate Prosser....lol

If Habs sign him he has to stay all season...not like how they did Plekenec...If they plan is to give Markov 10-15 games then retire him...forget it ...I dont wanna see it .

To be fair signing my grandma for 1 year at 1 millions would be better than signing Prosser for two years.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't really want him back..and he was a fav of mine also BUT....when you look at pro vs cons....

1 .we know the player.
2. if we had his PP points last year we'd made the playoffs.
3. Markov at 37-38 was still eating 25 minutes a night!
4. If Habs do sign him , 12 minutes a game..with PP time..that be a easy load for him to handle....

5. Markov is better than signing Nate Prosser....lol

If Habs sign him he has to stay all season...not like how they did Plekenec...If they plan is to give Markov 10-15 games then retire him...forget it ...I dont wanna see it .

Yeah he doesn't it.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
This kind of comment makes me think you do not really know hockey.

Compared to your comments over the years? PUH-LEASE lmao, at least i come here to post about HOCKEY not seeking attention on off topic threads

I didnt say he would save our franchise at LD, Id like to see him get to 1000 as a hab tho yes.

But dont even try a half-assed uninformed comment like that my way again.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
Compared to your comments over the years? PUH-LEASE lmao, at least i come here to post about HOCKEY not seeking attention on off topic threads

I didnt say he would save our franchise at LD, Id like to see him get to 1000 as a hab tho yes.

But dont even try a half-assed uninformed comment like that my way again.
I'd like get to 1000 games, but in terms of making the team better, Gardiner (unless his back totally shits up) is way above 40 years old Markov.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
It's not even about hockey. It's about giving back to a guy who couldn't resolve himself to play with another NHL jersey on his back than the Habs sweater. It's about allowing the fans to say goodbye for one of the best Ds in the team's modern history. It's not like we're competing for anything this year anyway. Might as well give a little candy to the fans.

Of course, don't say that to Bergevin. He'll probably do a weird analogy on dogs and loyalty. What a f***ing moron.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
It's not even about hockey. It's about giving back to a guy who couldn't resolve himself to play with another NHL jersey on his back than the Habs sweater.

Of course, don't say that to Bergevin. He'll probably do a weird analogy on dogs and loyalty.
Giving back, lol... this isn't some charity.

Reactions: DangerDave

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Giving back, lol... this isn't some charity.

This team is f***ed for the year. Might as well do something sweet for a guy who bled Red White and Blue and give the fans something to cheer about, no? Unless you're one of those fanatics who genuinely think this team is going anywhere this season.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
This team is ****ed for the year. Might as well do something sweet for a guy who bled Red White and Blue and give the fans something to cheer about, no? Unless you're one of those fanatics who genuinely think this team is going anywhere this season.
Yeah... bring back all the has-beens lol

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Yeah... bring back all the has-beens lol

Has-beens or not, this team is bound to a bottom-10 in the NHL this year. Might as well give a candy to the fans and give Markov an occasion to say goodbye.
Of course Bergevin's monstruous ego will never allow it. It would remind him how bad he f***ed up that summer and how the only success he's had with this team so far is because of guys who were acquired by the previous regime.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I like Marky as much as the next guy but even for the Habs dismal D corps, he is over the hill. I am afraid even Chiarot will outskate him. Hell, even the March Weber.

Wrong he is not as mobile as he once was but has learned to deal with the step that is missing. My issue with Markov was our over use of him his last few seasons. He would still possess the best defending stick and the best first pass on this D corps. The idea of using Markov to bring some stability to that left side for as long as it takes one of our prospects to prosper in the AHL is not a bad one. For me he would be better than Gonchar the year he played with us and the people claiming he'd be as bad as Streit are simply out of it. Given a PTO Markov would make this squad. For the amount of money he wants we can easily let him go at or before TDL if a better option becomes available. I was one who wanted to move Markov 5-6 years ago for a decent return but that wasn't because the guy can't still play hockey. He's more mobile than Zedeno and his smarts and skillset aren't currently replicated on this team.

Reactions: Edgy and callmek2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->