Rumor: Andrei Markov's Agent Has Contacted Habs (Looking for $2M Contract)

Do you want Markov back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Would have given him a chance, especially since the players MB mentions (Juulsen, Mete, Brook) are not proven commodities, but I get his point. I hoped for a Plekanec type of deal for old time's sake. Well, so long and good luck, Andrei.

Well, see, the kind of deal you mention cost us Jacob de la Rose for nothing last year, because we were one player too much. I'm all behind the organisation being classy and sign him for his 1000th game, but what if the guy really is too slow now and we have to bench him in favor of the like of Folin, do we look classy then? Markov being Markov, I can imagine his mood if this happens :laugh:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Under 30 and over 40 is a world of difference. Chiarot and Gardiner will/would have contributed for 3 years or until our young D are ready. Marky may have not made it out of camp.

So….he wants to make place for the kids or not.
That's what he said….it's not about who's better than who.
Signing Chiarot and and Gardiner would not have left place for those kids he wants leave place for.

Reactions: OldCraig71

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
So….he wants to make place for the kids or not.
That's what he said….it's not about who's better than who.
Signing Chiarot and and Gardiner would not have left place for those kids he wants leave place for.
The kids have to be ready. Compared to Marky, they're all kids ;)

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bergevin confirms he is not interested in Markov.

https://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens...-markov-pour-faire-place-aux-jeunes-1.6921059

Translation: Things have changed wants to give a chance to the young guys. Funny he lists all forwards then states Romanov in a year. In any case makes sense to move from Markov.

Hope Markov finds a 2nd chance elsewhere.

What a bundle of yarn spun by MB.

He's not interested because he's made this personal with Markov and there can only be one alpha male left standing.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
What a bundle of yarn spun by MB.

He's not interested because he's made this personal with Markov and there can only be one alpha male left standing.

Nah, it’s because the guy is too old and slow.

Liked Markov when he was a hab but it’s time to move on.

Reactions: Vachon23

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nah, it’s because the guy is too old and slow.

Liked Markov when he was a hab but it’s time to move on.

By the way, you don't have to convince me that Markov is old and slow -- I'm the one who posted an account by Bob Hartley who has seen Markov play in the last two seasons.

Regardless of Markov's status, it's well documented that the relationship between MB and Markov is highly contentious since MB's infamous public braggadocious ultimatums.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
By the way, you don't have to convince me that Markov is old and slow -- I'm the one who posted an account by Bob Hartley who has seen Markov play in the last two seasons.

Regardless of Markov's status, it's well documented that the relationship between MB and Markov is highly contentious since MB's infamous public braggadocious ultimatums.

If others notice Markov is done than I’m sure the habs have seen the same thing. Its pretty clear it was a hockey decision and I don’t see any evidence that it was anything other than that.

Reactions: Paddyjack

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Probably why we signed Alzner not that long ago. 'Cause he was fast and young. But hey, no worries. Bergevin FINALLY learned that the league was fast and young AFTER he acquired Alzner...lol

Who cares about Alzner. This decision has to be made based on if Markov can still play.

Makes sense to sign a guy who is done because of fond memories.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not sure what Romanov has to do with not signing Markov for 1 year.....

Reactions: Seb

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Who cares about Alzner. This decision has to be made based on if Markov can still play.

Makes sense to sign a guy who is done because of fond memories.

Well....we did sign Plekanec not that long ago right? For fond memories? Ah but I guess Bergevin learned from that too. Slow learner isn't he....

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If others notice Markov is done than I’m sure the habs have seen the same thing. Its pretty clear it was a hockey decision and I don’t see any evidence that it was anything other than that.

You're free to think that but will respectfully disagree. Markov has made several attempts over the past 2 years to try and mend his relationship with the Habs but Bergevin has wanted to hear none of it. That is the point, whether or not Markov is finished or not. Even if Markov was still able to contribute, Bergevin is dead set on having the upper hand. It's unfortunate that he gets into these types of personal confrontations but we've seen him do this with others (Radulov, Pacioretty, etc.).

Agree to disagree.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Strange that Bergie doesn't want Markov back....seems to me that Markov is playing the role of the dog that wants to reunite with his old master....isn't that what loves Bergie? To have a loyal dog?

Reactions: the

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
You're free to think that but will respectfully disagree. Markov has made several attempts over the past 2 years to try and mend his relationship with the Habs but Bergevin has wanted to hear none of it. That is the point, whether or not Markov is finished or not. Even if Markov was still able to contribute, Bergevin is dead set on having the upper hand. It's unfortunate that he gets into these types of personal confrontations but we've seen him do this with others (Radulov, Pacioretty, etc.).

Agree to disagree.

I just don’t see it. Yes, we agree to disagree.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Bergevin confirms he is not interested in Markov.

https://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens...-markov-pour-faire-place-aux-jeunes-1.6921059

Translation: Things have changed wants to give a chance to the young guys. Funny he lists all forwards then states Romanov in a year. In any case makes sense to move from Markov.

Hope Markov finds a 2nd chance elsewhere.

edit: he actually named Juulsen and Mete too, my mistake.
I knew it! Bergevin is one of the biggest Asholz on the planet, his way or da highway. I can always predict what that moron is going to do, it's so easy. He moved on from Markov but pays Karl Alzner 5 million bucks to be a member of his hot dog focus group.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I knew it! Bergevin is one of the biggest Asholz on the planet, his way or da highway. I can always predict what that moron is going to do, it's so easy. He moved on from Markov but pays Karl Alzner 5 million bucks to be a member of his hot dog focus group.

What has the Hot Dog Focus Group concluded? :laugh:

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Plekanec was signed because we had 1 NHL centre in the roster. No one knew Domi would excel there, Drouin had a tough year as a C, Kotkaniemi was by no means a lock. We needed centers.

He was cut because Domi and KK both showed they were capable centres.

De la rose had plenty of chances to make the roster. Plekanec had nothing to do with him going on waivers.

As for Markov, there really isn’t space for him unless there’s an injury in camp. He could help the pp, no doubt but I just don’t really see a spot for him.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Predictable, he didn’t want to sign Jagr a few years ago because he had a small grudge against him and now he doesn’t want Markov to retire here because he made him look bad 2 years ago.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Probably why we signed Alzner not that long ago. 'Cause he was fast and young. But hey, no worries. Bergevin FINALLY learned that the league was fast and young AFTER he acquired Alzner...lol
He didn't want to give a chance to the young guys back then, times are different and circumstances have changed, we won't have to worry about Cousins, Weal, and Thompson taking ice time away from KK and Poehling. We all know that it's BS.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Well....we did sign Plekanec not that long ago right? For fond memories? Ah but I guess Bergevin learned from that too. Slow learner isn't he....

Don’t care about Plekanec either, they probably should have walked away from him as well.

Wish Markov well but its time to move on.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Plekanec was signed because we had 1 NHL centre in the roster. No one knew Domi would excel there, Drouin had a tough year as a C, Kotkaniemi was by no means a lock. We needed centers.

He was cut because Domi and KK both showed they were capable centres.

De la rose had plenty of chances to make the roster. Plekanec had nothing to do with him going on waivers.

As for Markov, there really isn’t space for him unless there’s an injury in camp. He could help the pp, no doubt but I just don’t really see a spot for him.

Makes no sense. The whole idea is to give kids a chance. He names Juulsen, Mete, Brook and Romanov as reasons why Markov shouldn't be signed. Well Romanov won't be here this year. Everybody knows that Brook will be in Laval. So it's Juulsen and Mete. Why can't they still have a spot even if Markov is here?

So Bergevin wants to give icetime to Juulsen and Mete...but signs Kulak, Chiarot, Folin, Reilly. It's just all over the place really. Nothing surprising. At least for me.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Don’t care about Plekanec either, they probably should have walked away from him as well.

Wish Markov well but its time to move on.

Not sure what you caring or not is relevant here. You are trying to explain why Bergevin shouldn't be interested in Markov. And yet, he made moves recently showing that he was interested in Markov types of players.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
What has the Hot Dog Focus Group concluded? :laugh:
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad