Rumor: Andrei Markov's Agent Has Contacted Habs (Looking for $2M Contract)

Do you want Markov back?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

pitcher

Jun 18, 2012
Get him here, make him play 10 games, give him a ceremony at the beginning of his 1000th game, and after that analyze his play and keep him if he’s helping the team, or make him retire as a hab if he doesn’t. This is Andrei mfkin Markov we are talking about here, if the habs were a classy org (which it hasn’t been for a while), they would do this for him, he deserves it.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
May as well share the whole story. He missed his interview due to a flood.

That’s certainly one way to tell the story.

Actually the framework of my post is accurate. Robinson had a meeting booked with Bergevin for after he dealt with his flood issues.

Bergevin hired the guy he wanted without giving Robinson an opportunity. I mean who'd want LR when you can have JJ?

Your allegiances are crystal clear my friend, as always.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Actually the framework of my post is accurate. Robinson had a meeting booked with Bergevin for after he dealt with his flood issues.

Bergevin hired the guy he wanted without giving Robinson an opportunity. I mean who'd want LR when you can have JJ?

Your allegiances are crystal clear my friend, as always.

Meh it’s dumb but it’s also standard practice. Miss an interview? Lost the job. You’d think there would be more flexibility for managerial roles though.

I think we need to move away from the idea of allegiances, it would help to remain objective.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Meh it’s dumb but it’s also standard practice. Miss an interview? Lost the job. You’d think there would be more flexibility for managerial roles though.

I think we need to move away from the idea of allegiances, it would help to remain objective.

Fair enough. :)

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Get him here, make him play 10 games, give him a ceremony at the beginning of his 1000th game, and after that analyze his play and keep him if he’s helping the team, or make him retire as a hab if he doesn’t. This is Andrei mfkin Markov we are talking about here, if the habs were a classy org (which it hasn’t been for a while), they would do this for him, he deserves it.
Beautiful post. I agree totally and if nothing else it will serve as a positive diversion from the events of the coming season. He would be a feelgood story for a tired fanbase, a great player that would have been a legend if he came here when we were a really good franchise. A great player like Koivu that never had enough of an adequate supporting cast.

Reactions: Doc McKenna and the

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
My agent called the Canadiens and made an offer for me to earn the minimum salary, in order to improve the hotdog recipe. #neverstopprogress
I also told them I could get released from my beer league squad in mid-January and I requested to sit next to Drouin in the dressing room, I want to smack him around just a little.:laugh: Bergevin is tossing plenty of money to plugs so why not us?

Reactions: SOLR

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Sign him for a year. Let him play some games, terminate the contract mutually mid season like Pleky and let him retire a Hab.
But what if he came back and was actually decent? People are jumping up an down about the fact that he is done but yet we continue throwing money at guys that never proved anything but the General(yes I know I capitalized it) is a pass? Bergevin won't do the right thing, he rarely does. Puff puff pass.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
But what if he came back and was actually decent? People are jumping up an down about the fact that he is done but yet we continue throwing money at guys that never proved anything but the General(yes I know I capitalized it) is a pass? Bergevin won't do the right thing, he rarely does. Puff puff pass.
I don't see how a 40 year old D can crack the MTL D core. I do believe he is miles ahead of Reilly, Kulak, Chiarot and Mete. But at 40, his best days are past him. He will have a hard time keeping up with young speedy forwards.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Would be interesting to find out if some other team signs him.

I'd just offer him his milestone attaining games as was done with Pleks and give him a nice, ceremonial send-off.

Beyond that, I'm not convinced he has more to offer in terms of a full season. It would remain to be seen during those games he'd be involved in but am not confident he'd still be able to contribute at an acceptable level.

Last edited:

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
No idea what he could add to our Dcore at his age, worst case scenario he's a Bottom Dpair.
I would take a chance on him in a Heartbeat.

Ummm.... NO
Great Hab but he is way past done.
Looking for one last payday.
No bring him on the coaching staff to help develop all the young Dnen we've drafted and mentor Romanov... THAT I would do in a heartbeat.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I remember Markov last season in Montreal . A night in a January we played Arizona or some trash West team. That night he got so slow he never recovered for the rest of the season.

Now hes turning 41 , was not even on the PP in the KHL and people want to sign him... for what reason?

Folin is better than him at this point.

The Habs made the mistake of not giving Markov days off during the season. You generally need to give older players a little extra time to recuperate and re-energize.

This also gives younger players a chance to get in games, gaining experience and confidence. It's a win - win from where I'm standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->