Andrei Markov

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Markov

Leafs fan coming in peace here, I was just wondering what you guys think about Markov's leadership, do you guys think he would make a better captain than Gionta?

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007
Too quiet to be a captain.
While you don't need to be overly loud, a captain need to make at least more noise than the sound of paint drying.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Leafs fan coming in peace here, I was just wondering what you guys think about Markov's leadership, do you guys think he would make a better captain than Gionta?

Absolutely! Don't listen to haters. Very few Habs fans actually understand the impact Markov has on this team. He always leads by example (and how many times have we seen him talk strategy with Subban, he's not as quiet right now as he used to be).

Nothing against Gionta but Markov would have been a better captain. Nobody understands more what wearing the CH means.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

A few years back after Koivu's departure, Markov was offered the C - it was strongly hinted. He declined. He's long preferred to be the second-in-command, not the one at the helm.

bib

#believe
Aug 28, 2007
You look at players that Markov has a great history with.

Komisarek, Emelin

Somewhat of a theme there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->