Rumor: Andrei Markov to Florida? Nope, KHL bound

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
In retrospect it really didn't work unless they peddled Yandle. With Yandle still here Markov would have bumped Matheson down to the 3rd. That would have done wonders for his confidence.:laugh::laugh:

Leafs still need a 2nd pairing RHD and would be more than 10% over if they signed Demers now for a draft pick or minimum salary player. It may bear watching as we get closer to the start of the season when they can LTIR both Horton and Lupul. :)

Little Bobby Boo

Jul 30, 2014
In retrospect it really didn't work unless they peddled Yandle. With Yandle still here Markov would have bumped Matheson down to the 3rd. That would have done wonders for his confidence.:laugh::laugh:

Leafs still need a 2nd pairing RHD and would be more than 10% over if they signed Demers now for a draft pick or minimum salary player. It may bear watching as we get closer to the start of the season when they can LTIR both Horton and Lupul. :)

leafs also need to sign connor brown

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
leafs also need to sign connor brown
He had one good year after a couple of years with the Marlies. I doubt he has enough leverage to get more than $1.5M-$2M per for a 2 yr show me contract. Your point is well taken as it just validates that unless they move JVR for a draft pick or someone still on an elc, they can't do anything until they throw Lupul and Horton on LTIR. :)

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I was looking forward to the Markov to Barkov commentary! You know Goldie would have loved that.

I didn't hear this rumour until I heard about Markov signing in the KHL on the radio last night. My heart skipped a beat when I thought the radio guy said Barkov at first...:amazed:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad