Andrei Loktionov

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
(I would search for a similar topic but my search feature is currently disabled)

This guy was a highly touted prospect about a year ago - at least according to the HF rankings. Has he really fallen so far? What's the deal with him?

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
11 pts in 8 games in the AHL. Woulda made the Kings if they wouldn't have been so backed up at center. And the main reason he isn't "highly touted" is cause he wasn't a high pick. He will see time this year if a center goes down, many fans expect him to take over for Stoll next year.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
11 pts in 8 games in the AHL. Woulda made the Kings if they wouldn't have been so backed up at center. And the main reason he isn't "highly touted" is cause he wasn't a high pick. He will see time this year if a center goes down, many fans expect him to take over for Stoll next year.

Awesome, thanks :yo:

JalapenoPeppa*

If I'm a Kings fan I'm starting to get worried that I'm going to lose a player with high potential to the KHL since he isn't getting ice time.

He is under contract for this year and next, so if I'm Lombardi I'm hoping to get him in the line-up for at least a solid chunk of games this season, and a NHL regular next.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
If I'm a Kings fan I'm starting to get worried that I'm going to lose a player with high potential to the KHL since he isn't getting ice time.

He is under contract for this year and next, so if I'm Lombardi I'm hoping to get him in the line-up for at least a solid chunk of games this season, and a NHL regular next.

This... I'm very worried both about Loktionov and Voynov bolting for the KHL.

Both are guys that SHOULD BE in the NHL. They've got nothing left to "prove" in Manchester, and have both had some time now with the Kings and performed well.

The issue is both at D (for Voynov) and C (for Loktionov), we dont have room. In fact, last year we tried Loktionov at wing, which didnt go too well.

I'm expecting 1 of 2 things to happen...

1) We trade Loktionov. Kopitar and Richards are are our #1 and #2 centers, period. Lewis has proved himself to be an excellent #4, and Stoll is the ideal #3 guy.

2) We let Stoll go next year, and try Loktionov there. But I'm afraid he's the type of player that needs top 6 ice time to produce, and I'm not 100% sold on his defensive game, like Stoll has. So as the 3rd line center, he may not be the ideal candidate.

Rod Buskas*

He'll be on the team next year for sure with Stoll leaving.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
He'll be on the team next year for sure with Stoll leaving.

I really doubt that Stoll leaves. Honestly, Loktionov needs a top-6 spot to be as effective as he can be. I wish he could play wing. Opponents would never have the puck if Loktionov and Richards were on a line together.

Gagne - Kopitar - Williams
Loktionov - Richards - Brown
Penner - Stoll - Richardson
Clifford - Lewis - Westgarth

JalapenoPeppa*

If that's the case, perhaps package him with Bernier at the deadline for a real solid return to fill holes and make a run this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad