Andrei Kostitsyn potential?

GSK*

Kostitsyn will be a 65-70 pt player in the NHL. Seems to have improved his defensive play and work ethic while in the AHL.

If the Habs can made some good decision in a few years, Kostitsyn would be able to put 75pts easily in the NHL. Since 3 games he was our best forward and sometimes the best on both teams.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Well he's earned the right to stick with the team the rest of the year and if he keeps it up he'll be a regular full timer next year. Both his goals last night were impressive, he's been lights out on the Shootout in Hamilton, so hopefully he finds the same success in the nhl.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
here is my opinion, next season : 40-50pts would be very nice.

career wise if all goes well : anywhere between 65-90pts..

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
here is my opinion, next season : 40-50pts would be very nice.

career wise if all goes well : anywhere between 65-90pts..
I agree...

I'm one of his biggest fan, but still has some things to learn to become a real good player for a full season. He's on a hot streak and he was rarely out of place in the NHL, but a full season is quite long for a rookie. But with more playing time, he will only get better.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Kostitsyn will be a 65-70 pt player in the NHL. Seems to have improved his defensive play and work ethic while in the AHL.

I'd be happy as hell if he became a 70 point player for us. He has the skill and potential to become a really good one.

Heske_44

Jul 4, 2006
8 in 10 in fairly limited ice time not looking too much of a defensive liability due to the solid work ethic he has shown. After a handful of games with glimpses of a scoring role he has established some consistancy already. I don't expect his numbers to get any worse on average as his oppurtunity within the club continues to grow over the next two seasons.

60 points next year would be IMO the absolute max. Year after I'd say between 55=70

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
one of the weakest picks in the 2003 1st round. potential to score 50-60 points, but also potential to be a nobody (hopefully the latter :) )

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
one of the weakest picks in the 2003 1st round. potential to score 50-60 points, but also potential to be a nobody (hopefully the latter :) )
I don't agree...people only say that because guys like Getzlaf and Parise were drafted latter in the draft. There's also a crop of player who are already good, but not great, some of them will turn out to be not much, but Kostitsyn is playing quite well right now and he's finaly becoming a NHL player, which make the pick a good one.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

that was last year's report when the kid was doing absolutely no devolopment in the AHL except maybe a stronger defensive game. He wasn't playing consistent, not using his talent enough, not shooting enough, was slower, etc.....
That nobody potential thing is done and over, he's now a star in the becoming with the way he has played since being called up, using more of his talent in the NHL this year then in the AHL last year, he'l get your 50 - 60 points

next year that is....

And what is your goal with trying to say that evreything about the habs suck, you had that goofy Latendresse avatar until he started to play good and now you have a avatar about a player that played 8 seasons with you guys:help:

mytor4*

oh come on now. he's a habs prospect and we all know that all habs peospect arn't worth writing about. i mean hf board knows it all.

GSK*

well he's got better knees than neely.

Don't argue with Bruins fan... They are the number one reference in hockey department.

Some of them (if not all of them) are sure that Marc Savard is a better player then Joe Thornton. :biglaugh:

Nov 28, 2006
was sort of written off as a bust, but is currently playing in the NHL and doesn't look out of place. He also has pretty good numbers in the AHL this year (50-21-31-52) which included a pretty dominant last few months.

Do you guys think he could be a 30-40 goalscorer in the NHL?

Personally, I think he has great talent, but I worry that he won't get to play his style of game in Montreal. I mean, it's almost impossible to be an offensive force in a Carbo, Muller, Jarvis system.

Not for a little while, if at all, but I can see him getting 20-30 or so two years from now, maybe even next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad