Value of: Andrei Burakovsky

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
What kind of contract is he gonna get? Just finished making 3 mill a year and really hasnt done much.

Will he be dealt?
Will Caps sign him?
What kind of money will he get?

Very interesting player that i can see some teams wanting to acquire

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Pitt should be very interested since it doesn’t seem like we are getting a RW in return for Kessel.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
$3 million RFA, age 23

I think he needs a change of scenery. He can provide some offensive punch for a team that needs skilled scoring.

The Caps could use some PK help.
Caps can't afford to qualify him unless they are certain that there would be a taker for him at that cap hit.

I'm sure they will try to get him to sign for less, maybe on a multi-year deal, but AB may just want a change of scenery in that case and would rather dare the Caps to qualify him.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
What's the asking price?

Who knows. The Caps are not going to qualify him. He becomes a UFA. This is a real question of how bad do you want this player??
If you can find a real home for him to create some confidence and provide him some legit power play time, he can be a difference maker that is worth the qualifying cost. That price will be higher than rolling the dice and trying to get him as a free agent.

I imagine there are 10 teams that would be all over him for under $3m per.

Reactions: Cogburn

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Caps can't afford to qualify him unless they are certain that there would be a taker for him at that cap hit.

I'm sure they will try to get him to sign for less, maybe on a multi-year deal, but AB may just want a change of scenery in that case and would rather dare the Caps to qualify him.

They can't sign him for less until the Caps, don't qualify him by the due date(not sure what day that is). If he's not qualified, then he becomes a UFA, but then AB can sign with any team. I think as a UFA other teams will give him more than the Caps are willing to give him.

When you qualify a RFA, that means they will get their previous annual amount plus a 8.3% increase at the minimum. So AB's qualified minimum would be around $3.25 million.

I just don't see him being signed by the Caps. Either he's packaged in a trade for a draft pick or he will be, not qualified and sign with another team.

Even if both Hagelin and Connolly walk, I don't think it would be in the Caps best interest to continue keeping AB on the team. He really needs to start fresh with another team.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Who knows. The Caps are not going to qualify him. He becomes a UFA. This is a real question of how bad do you want this player??
If you can find a real home for him to create some confidence and provide him some legit power play time, he can be a difference maker that is worth the qualifying cost. That price will be higher than rolling the dice and trying to get him as a free agent.

I imagine there are 10 teams that would be all over him for under $3m per.

I agree.. If Caps let him walk, many teams will want him. What about a team like NYR?.. They have a wack of youth coming up and they like their Russians there. Or maybe Vancouver? Geeze seems like alot could want him

I think many teams will be offering him a deal though if he hits the market as a UFA. Maybe we see Caps deal his rights though to someone?

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
They can't sign him for less until the Caps, don't qualify him by the due date(not sure what day that is). If he's not qualified, then he becomes a UFA, but then AB can sign with any team. I think as a UFA other teams will give him more than the Caps are willing to give him.

When you qualify a RFA, that means they will get their previous annual amount plus a 8.3% increase at the minimum. So AB's qualified minimum would be around $3.25 million.

I just don't see him being signed by the Caps. Either he's packaged in a trade for a draft pick or he will be, not qualified and sign with another team.

Even if both Hagelin and Connolly walk, I don't think it would be in the Caps best interest to continue keeping AB on the team. He really needs to start fresh with another team.

Just an FYI
The annual increase does not pertain to salaries over $1M
Burakovsky made $3.25M as a base salary this season.($2.25M + 500k bonus 2017-18)

QO requirement: 100% of the last year's base salary if the base salary is equal to or greater than $1,000,000.

I think a few teams will be willing to meet that QO. Caps will trade or package him before the draft I think.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I agree.. If Caps let him walk, many teams will want him. What about a team like NYR?.. They have a wack of youth coming up and they like their Russians there. Or maybe Vancouver? Geeze seems like alot could want him

I think many teams will be offering him a deal though if he hits the market as a UFA. Maybe we see Caps deal his rights though to someone?

Burakovsky is not Russian. He is Swedish. The interest in him as a ufa is why a team might want to go ahead and trade for him as an RFA and qualify him.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Burakovsky is not Russian. He is Swedish. The interest in him as a ufa is why a team might want to go ahead and trade for him as an RFA and qualify him.

Ya its an interesting situation just cause his qualifying offer is quite significant.. Unless a team acquires his rights and negotiates a multi year deal at a lesser amount. We will see!

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Edmonton should go for him, if they hit on him that's the pure sniper with wheels they're missing on the wing who wouldn't cost that much.

Get Connolly in FA as well and Connolly-RNH-Burakovsky is a very solid 2nd line with both guys capable of playing either wing and years of playing together under their belt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad