Line Combos: Andreas Johnsson on Tavares line.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
2 years ago Babs and Matthews discussed Hy while Babs was visting Matthews in Pheonix, general knowledge is that Matthews doesn't/didn't want Hy on his line. There's no reason to think that Matthews has changed his mind, there's no reason to think that he should.

It is now believed that Matthews had an agreement with Babs that Kappy wouldn't be put on his line, another reasonable request.

When healthy our lines

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Moore - Spezza - Gauthier
Petan/Engvall/Timashov

4th line can be any combination of the last 6 listed but that should be our top 9.

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
When healthy our lines

Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Moore - Spezza - Gauthier
Petan/Engvall/Timashov

4th line can be any combination of the last 6 listed but that should be our top 9.

That would be Babs' should be, don't know if Keefe will see it that way.

TO hasn't been good this year and those lines probably are a significant factor.

We've already seen Keefe move Kerfoot to the wing.

Maybe it's realistic to assume that a different approach to how the game is played might be enough to make these lines a winning combo but I'm not convinced.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
That would be Babs' should be, don't know if Keefe will see it that way.

TO hasn't been good this year and those lines probably are a significant factor.

We've already seen Keefe move Kerfoot to the wing.

Maybe it's realistic to assume that a different approach to how the game is played might be enough to make these lines a winning combo but I'm not convinced.

I just dont see Kerfoot being the best option for top 6.

We haven't seen Hyman - Tavares - Marner all year due to injury but given the success they had last year together I don't see why you wouldn't given the Matthews line is in a groove. I also am ok with Hyman on 3rd line and Mikheyev with Tavares and Marner

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
I like the Mikhey/JT/Marner potential, a possible dominant line. When Hy was on that line last year after Xmas it didn't appear to be dominant any more, good yes but not dominant. I noticed particularly that Marner didn't want to pass to Hy, before Xmas Marner was scoring at a 120 point pace, after, he dropped to a point per game. Points are easier to find before Xmas. Hy isn't an all year top 6 player, he's a fill in at most, if there's a combo that has all year dominance I hope Keefe will look for it.

Johnsson on the Matthews line, again a very good line but is there a better combo possible? I'd like to see Engvall replace Johnsson, he's bigger, as fast, a bit nasty basically a larger Johnsson. Don't know if it'll work but worth a try, I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad