Value of: Andre Burakovsky

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Bura to Buffalo for Okposo & 2nd.

Deal?

Who wouldn't love to spend $6m a season on Okposo for the next 4+ years? Everyone, that's who.

I think Burakovsky will play the season out in Washington, not be qualified as an RFA for next year and possibly be back with the Caps on a ~$1m 'try-out' contract.

Which team is going to qualify him at $3.25m for next year? I just don't see it happen. On the other hand, let's trade him to St Louis for Zach Sanford. Blues always help us out :laugh:

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Always liked his skillset when hes on! Perhaps a change of scenery will unleash him, have a strong feeling that he will explode on McD wing!

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If he is not qualified he’s a UFA and can be signed by any team for less.

If Washington qualified him, teams could OS him for the same amount costing them only a 2nd.

Carts aren’t going to get more than a 3rd and contract fir him ir straight up fir a similar second chance pkayer.

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Can any Canadiens fans shed light on Armia? When's he due back from injury, and how has he performed this season? Would Montreal be interested in a Burakovsky - Armia swap? Similar draft pedigrees and Armia probably fits in better as a bottom six player while Burakovsky could be an interesting top 6 option for the Canadiens.
as a habs fan, i'd absolutely be interested in burakvosky for armia. we need high end skill and we don't have the talent that the caps do to push him down the lineup. armia would fit well on a line with eller i think.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
If he is not qualified he’s a UFA and can be signed by any team for less.

If Washington qualified him, teams could OS him for the same amount costing them only a 2nd.

Carts aren’t going to get more than a 3rd and contract fir him ir straight up fir a similar second chance pkayer.
A) why wouldn't the caps qualify him?
B) Since when did teams use offersheets?

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
A) why wouldn't the caps qualify him?
B) Since when did teams use offersheets?

Why would Caps commit over $3m on a guy whose production has declined for a couple of seasons and who has 8 points in 29 games this year?

Also, whoever we get back in exchange for Burakovsky, will be spending half the time as a healthy scratch. We are healthy scratching 2 forwards because we have NO ROSTER SPOTS.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Would love him on the Oilers. Maybe a deal around Jujhar Khaira or Drake Caggiula?

Is Khaira gonna remain cheap for a while? Khaira+ could be interesting

I'd prefer to send him to Edmonton because it's both out of the conference and probably the team where he's most likely to get the ice time and linemates to realize his potential.

That said he's our ace for the playoffs if he's rested up since guys will inevitably go in and out of the lineup, he put away Tampa in game 7 and can pull breakaways snipes and seeing eye passes out of nowhere from time to time.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Well....about that.....sorry. How about Frolik for Burakovsky?

Don't think Caps want to pay $4.3m for a bottom 6 player/healthy scratch, with commitment for next year to boot.

We got about 20 bucks in cap space...

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Chris Johnston on the HNIC intermission panel just said the Canucks are interested in him, and that Washington is not looking for futures, they want someone that can help now.

Would they be looking for a forward like Goldobin/Granlund or perhaps Gagner 50% retained?

Or would it be a defensemen like Gudbranson or Del Zotto?

Reactions: Katani Kalan

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
If I hadn't heard a rumour that Aquilini has banned Jim Benning from trading any draft picks for this year I would say that Canucks 2nd for him is a done deal. Maybe even more

Reactions: clunk

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
If I hadn't heard a rumour that Aquilini has banned Jim Benning from trading any draft picks for this year I would say that Canucks 2nd for him is a done deal. Maybe even more
Washington is looking for someone that can help them now

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Armia and Burakovsky are very similar players.

Armia has a very high skill level despite his relatively low point totals thus far. When he is on his game and is playing with confidence, he can be dominant. When he is lacking confidence, he can be invisible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->