Value of: Andre Burakovsky

Shagged Yer Nan

Tom Filthson
Feb 15, 2012
NoVa
Here's the deal with the kid in my opinion using three phrases; Fast, high-skill, low confidence. When on top of his game, he's a solid 2LW, maybe 1st given the team. When he's not, I don't want him on the ice. He has struggled mightily finding consistency, showing glimpses of brilliance one night and not knowing which was is up the next. He's a bit of a mental midget in terms of confidence and it's known he's been seeing sports psychiatrists for years. He gets in his own head and can't find a way out. I think a change of scenery would be great for his game by moving him to a team that needs speed and skill. It's clear the Caps don't trust him and I believe this might be the cause of his low confidence.

The Caps really have no spot him on the roster as he doesn't fit into the top 9 and he doesn't play the 4th line role well. He was scratched last night and I have to believe the Caps will be looking to move him before the deadline since he'll become a RFA at the end of the season.

What do you think his value is? For teams in need of a LW, what would you offer?

Kolzilla

May 20, 2015
I think they'll move him at the draft. The depth is needed for the playoffs.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
guys like him i always think cant be worth much... but then I remember Ryan Hartman somehow returned a 1st, Lazar a 2nd and Tomas Jurco a 3rd (deals had some other minor moving parts too)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Can any Canadiens fans shed light on Armia? When's he due back from injury, and how has he performed this season? Would Montreal be interested in a Burakovsky - Armia swap? Similar draft pedigrees and Armia probably fits in better as a bottom six player while Burakovsky could be an interesting top 6 option for the Canadiens.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Here's the deal with the kid in my opinion using three phrases; Fast, high-skill, low confidence. When on top of his game, he's a solid 2LW, maybe 1st given the team. When he's not, I don't want him on the ice. He has struggled mightily finding consistency, showing glimpses of brilliance one night and not knowing which was is up the next. He's a bit of a mental midget in terms of confidence and it's known he's been seeing sports psychiatrists for years. He gets in his own head and can't find a way out. I think a change of scenery would be great for his game by moving him to a team that needs speed and skill. It's clear the Caps don't trust him and I believe this might be the cause of his low confidence.

The Caps really have no spot him on the roster as he doesn't fit into the top 9 and he doesn't play the 4th line role well. He was scratched last night and I have to believe the Caps will be looking to move him before the deadline since he'll become a RFA at the end of the season.

What do you think his value is? For teams in need of a LW, what would you offer?
Can any Canadiens fans shed light on Armia? When's he due back from injury, and how has he performed this season? Would Montreal be interested in a Burakovsky - Armia swap? Similar draft pedigrees and Armia probably fits in better as a bottom six player while Burakovsky could be an interesting top 6 option for the Canadiens.
Would love him on the Oilers. Maybe a deal around Jujhar Khaira or Drake Caggiula?

Reactions: McClelland

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Armia's right-hand shot and strength are needed in Montreal. He should come back from his injury any day now. We are also set on our top 6 LW with Tatar and Drouin. Not really interested in Burakovsky.

Reactions: Vachon23

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You usually don't get much for a guy that has played himself off the team. He needs to be on a bad team with lots of holes in the lineup and low levels of pressure.

Putting him in a Canadian market with Ken Hitchcock as the coach is not the right recipe. Hitchcock is the evil twin for Trotz. Reirden is easier to play for than Trotz. If he cant make it with Trotz and Reirden, he would implode under Hitch and under the heat in Canada

Caps keep him thru the season. They cant get anything of value for him now.

Reactions: BHD

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
2019 2nd + Jordan Weal for Burakovsky

I think he has more value than we’re giving him credit for.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
2019 2nd + Jordan Weal for Burakovsky

I think he has more value than we’re giving him credit for.
I would do that. With Giroux going back to center we'd need another left wing and Weal is the odd man out of the top 9.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
A couple points:

Burakovsky is better at RW than he is at LW.

The Capitals currently have Travis Boyd on the 4th line, so I don't see any stylistic reason Burakovsky couldn't play on the Caps 4th line. It's not exactly a grind line. Obviously you don't break up the 4th line that has been hot the last couple games, but he could definitely rotate in there once they cool off.

Burt's trade value isn't particularly high right now. Unless someone is willing to pay closer to full price for the player or the Capitals have a defined need for his cap space (another trade), there's not much advantage to trading Burakovsky at this time. Makes more sense to keep him as depth as deal with him in the off-season.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Panik + 4th for Burakovsky?

Opens up $500k cap space for any additional trades, and Panik is a UFA at seasons end so that's $2.5m off the books for FA. Panik is more suited for a 3rd line, secondary scoring role anyhow.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Panik + 4th for Burakovsky?

Opens up $500k cap space for any additional trades, and Panik is a UFA at seasons end so that's $2.5m off the books for FA. Panik is more suited for a 3rd line, secondary scoring role anyhow.
Burakovsky is also a free agent after this season, so it doesn't really have much appeal from a cap standpoint.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Burakovsky is also a free agent after this season, so it doesn't really have much appeal from a cap standpoint.
Cap Friendly showing Burakovsky as an RFA Arbitration Eligible, while Panik's a UFA. Still is not Panik a RW. Caps are heavy on the RWs they need a LW coming back for Burakovsky.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Cap Friendly showing Burakovsky as an RFA Arbitration Eligible, while Panik's a UFA. Still is not Panik a RW. Caps are heavy on the RWs they need a LW coming back for Burakovsky.
You are correct that Burakovsky will be an arbitration-eligible RFA... if the Capitals qualify him. The Capitals could simply elect to not extend Burakovsky a qualifying offer, at which point he would become a UFA (and lose his arbitration rights). The Capitals could then attempt to re-sign him to a cheaper contract or simply let him walk.

The Capitals have a history of refusing to extend qualifying offers to RFAs only to re-sign them to cheaper deals than they may have recieve in arbitration. That's the strategy they elected with DSP this past summer and Connolly the summer before that. Additionally Orlov waived his arbitration rights during their RFA negotiations prior to last season (although he was qualified).

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
I think his days in Washington are numbered. The only questions are his value and final destination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->