Player Discussion Andre Burakovsky

Will Burakovsky be a Capital in 2019-2020?

• Total voters

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
This graph doesn’t take into account much of Burakovsky’s best month. He’s been passing the eye test with flying colors for a while now. I’m sure he’d look good on 3 if needed.
It doesn’t count March on the 4th line but it shows what an anchor he’s been on the 2nd and 3rd line compared to the least productive players in their top 6 and top 9 (Him vs Vrana and Hagelin), and why would he come back if his expected role was a 4th liner and has options.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Didnt know you were a shrink.

I never claimed to be one. If I'm not charging you for services I don't see why you should be concerned.

But just because you asked I considered a degree in Psychology based on my college credits, decided I didn't want to hear people complain every day (LOL look at us all now) and have studied it daily/extensively for 30 years, particularly sports/performance psychology.

Pay a pro and ask about what I said, if you want.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Honestly Burakovsky's play has been picking up since they edited out DSP.

DefenselessAggressiveBarbet-size_restricted.gif

Yes, its all connected

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Feeling pretty good about my (one of 7 original) YES vote. I see 4 new YES votes have appeared.

Edit: make that 6 new YES votes lol....

I feel a movement in the Force.

Last edited:
Reactions: calicapsfan

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Feeling pretty good about my (one of 7 original) YES vote. I see 4 new YES votes have appeared.

Edit: make that 6 new YES votes lol....

I feel a movement in the Force.

At some point, far off in a magical future, the children of the Caps HF board will all come to learn one universal truth: BMac knows his shit better than we do :D

smd333

May 2, 2012
It all came down to value. There was more value in keeping him than what was being offered in a trade. If a first rounder was offered im sure he woold have been shipped. Lets be honest his play to start the season even into December was pretty crappy. Like a tale of two seasons with Bura this year

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I'll be the first to admit I thought his goose was cooked. He looked like Bambi out there and I'd never seen a dude that big get wrecked on literally every board battle. His shot also couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and he looked like he was thinking the game three steps behind. Somehow he has done a 180 on literally every single one of those things and I don't get it but I'm not complaining, that's for sure.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I'll be the first to admit I thought his goose was cooked. He looked like Bambi out there and I'd never seen a dude that big get wrecked on literally every board battle. His shot also couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and he looked like he was thinking the game three steps behind. Somehow he has done a 180 on literally every single one of those things and I don't get it but I'm not complaining, that's for sure.

Bura has always been a creature of confidence. Maybe when the Caps said "we're going to keep you here" it boosted his confidence and his game followed.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Bura helping Caps win another cup could change many things in the summer.

I remain in the minority here, but I think that Burakovsky has a strong playoffs. MacLellan doesn't qualifying him but then offers him a show me contract that is salary cap doable. Burt for his part will want to stay if he can.

I am not sure how the Caps keep 65, 10 and 62. On the surface they look to lose all those players.

Reactions: racingmoose

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I remain in the minority here, but I think that Burakovsky has a strong playoffs. MacLellan doesn't qualifying him but then offers him a show me contract that is salary cap doable. Burt for his part will want to stay if he can.

I am not sure how the Caps keep 65, 10 and 62. On the surface they look to lose all those players.

They're going to have to make tough choices, moreso than the last two years. Good players will not be on the Caps next year.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Burakovsky will be creating some huge post season mismatches.

He’s certainly way more skilled than most 4th liners and he’s finally seemed to add the assertiveness as well. I wonder how long he’s on the 4th line if he keeps up this level of play. He’s the clear choice to move up in case of injury to someone else but I still wonder if Hagelin continues in the top 9 or if he eventually moves back to the 4th line.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Are we all sort of in agreement that they keep Jake however they can within reason, and from those other three you list, maybe only one can stay at full price or two at a discount? All three of Hags, Conno and Bura have had some success and some challenges in their past and staying in a place where it works for them has some value, but we can't expect them all to take a discount to stay here. Will be interesting.

Personally I keep 62, then 10, then 65 in that order, even with Bura's resurgence here lately.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am happy to see Bura turn it around, since I lobbied to keep him, maybe more than anyone else. I figured whoever we brought in for him, was likely to not be as good.

And part of me wanting to keep him is we knew he fits into the room. And, most importantly, to further haunt the dreams of Tampinheadians, who fear him after R3G7. Fear him like I used to fear 3rd liners on teams we'd face in the loffs over the decades.

giphy.gif

Reactions: artilector

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
They're going to have to make tough choices, moreso than the last two years. Good players will not be on the Caps next year.

The tough choices are on both sides. I don't think its an easy thing for either Connolly or Burakovsky to just go take the money and leave. Does Connolly really want to risk his career for more money? Is Burt going to be comfortable enough to perform somewhere else? Hagelin is a normal UFA. His issue is lack of production and that will limit his market.

I would be surprised to find the Caps are able to keep all three but I would be more surprised if they lost all three

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
After moving around 3748362529 times within the past few years, maybe Hagelin would be willing to take less for some stability for once? Can always dream at least.

And if we really want a chance to beat the Tampaloompaonians, we are going need all 3 of Hagelin, Burakovsky, and Connolly to step up.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I am happy to see Bura turn it around, since I lobbied to keep him, maybe more than anyone else. I figured whoever we brought in for him, was likely to not be as good.

And part of me wanting to keep him is we knew he fits into the room. And, most importantly, to further haunt the dreams of Tampinheadians, who fear him after R3G7. Fear him like I used to fear 3rd liners on teams we'd face in the loffs over the decades.

giphy.gif

Ahem.... I reckon we were evens then ;)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

I see that at least being tried for sure.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Ahem.... I reckon we were evens then ;)

I like to salmon. Swim upstream and go versus the masses. Maybe it's why I always bet on the underdogs....

I think many have assumed he is a durable guy and none of his struggles have been related to injury. Sure he is inconsistent - most young guys playing in the bottom 6 that are expected to score, are inconsistent. Zippy power play time doesn't help. At all.

We call what we see now from him... confidence. But confidence will never happen without his core intact. Mental or physical, I think he was ailing. Most will say it was all mental because they learned he was seeing a sports psychologist, but I saw what I would guess are equal part confidence and physical issues. He looks much stronger and faster now. Maybe Ovi put some red bull in his Herring marinade.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
The tough choices are on both sides. I don't think its an easy thing for either Connolly or Burakovsky to just go take the money and leave. Does Connolly really want to risk his career for more money? Is Burt going to be comfortable enough to perform somewhere else? Hagelin is a normal UFA. His issue is lack of production and that will limit his market.

I would be surprised to find the Caps are able to keep all three but I would be more surprised if they lost all three

If we could only keep two... Bura definelty stays == I think we're beginning to see his potential realized. Then between Hags and Connoly...Hags. He's older but lets face it this teams window is totally dependent on Ovechkin who is older than Hags. I just like Hags game, his speed and his playoff experience. And hopefully he's an absolute Pens killer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad