Music: Andre 3000 releases first solo studio album.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
For the first time in a career which spans across 4 decades, Outkast rapper André 3000 released his first solo studio album entitled "New Blue Sun". This is the first new project released by him in 17 years. The album was announced only 3 days before it was released on November 17, 2023.

This project is not exactly what most people would expect from the rapper also known as "3 Stacks". Rather than a rap album, New Blue Sun is an instrumental-only record comprised mainly of André on various flutes as well as an ensemble of other musicians on different instruments.

Not quite my usual thing, but it's definitely got some meditative and relaxing vibes at times. I got about halfway through it this morning and plan to finish it this evening.

The hilarious song titles are the best part, IMO. My personal favorite is "That Night In Hawaii When I Turned Into A Panther And Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn't Control ... Sh¥t Was Wild".

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
For the first time in a career which spans across 4 decades, Outkast rapper André 3000 released his first solo studio album entitled "New Blue Sun". This is the first new project released by him in 17 years. The album was announced only 3 days before it was released on November 17, 2023.

This project is not exactly what most people would expect from the rapper also known as "3 Stacks". Rather than a rap album, New Blue Sun is an instrumental-only record comprised mainly of André on various flutes as well as an ensemble of other musicians on different instruments.

Not quite my usual thing, but it's definitely got some meditative and relaxing vibes at times. I got about halfway through it this morning and plan to finish it this evening.

The hilarious song titles are the best part, IMO. My personal favorite is "That Night In Hawaii When I Turned Into A Panther And Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn't Control ... Sh¥t Was Wild".

he has always been different

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
I was wondering about that ever since I saw a social media post a few days ago about someone seeing Andre 3000 playing the flute at an airport

He's always been different, ever since Speakerboxx/The Love Below and Hey Ya! came out

• Haha
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I was wondering about that ever since I saw a social media post a few days ago about someone seeing Andre 3000 playing the flute at an airport

He's always been different, ever since Speakerboxx/The Love Below and Hey Ya! came out
That's hilarious lol. Without knowing the album was coming out I don't think I would have made that connection at the time either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad