Confirmed with Link: Andlauer reaches deal for Ottawa Senators ownership

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
To me, he is the best comedian ever. Hands down.

Comedy-wise, I've got Chapelle, Louis CK and James Acaster. Also Demetri Martin.

I like some of the greats (Pryor, Murphy, Carlin, Seinfeld, Rock) but I don't tend to listen to their stuff anymore. It can sound a bit dated.

Robin Williams was amazing but I'm not sure I'd call it stand-up. More like free-form improvisation around a frame.

EDIT: Almost forgot Mitch Hedberg.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Damn...that's a rich kid school. Lisgar too.
Well, I did a cross boundary transfer due to the enriched program, so not rich, and there were lots of kids in the area who were far from rich as well, especially from the other side of the canal.

Though in fairness to your point, Rockliff Park was in the catchment area, so all the kids who didn’t go to Ashbury went to Lisgar.

I was at Ashbury. Graduated 88. We used to party at Dave Goeling and Brian Murray’s places often.
Haha, you’re a tad older than I am, otherwise I’m sure we would have been at a few parties at the same time… ;)

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
"...Utah almost inexplicably landing an NHL team in a matter of only six weeks" From an Ian Mendes article. It took over 12 weeks after Andlauer won the bid. If it was the Board dragging it's feet, the league could have been on it. If it was the league, they could have moved faster. Combine that with not telling the team about the investigation into Pinto and/or the Dorion Vegas screw up....Bettman fcked this team hard.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
"...Utah almost inexplicably landing an NHL team in a matter of only six weeks" From an Ian Mendes article. It took over 12 weeks after Andlauer won the bid. If it was the Board dragging it's feet, the league could have been on it. If it was the league, they could have moved faster. Combine that with not telling the team about the investigation into Pinto and/or the Dorion Vegas screw up....Bettman fcked this team hard.
Not just not telling, but going overboard with the consequences.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Andlauer is pissed at Betteman.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
He owes the Sens the lottery pick but it will end up with the org that tried to cover up a sexual assault instead.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Comedy-wise, I've got Chapelle, Louis CK and James Acaster. Also Demetri Martin.

I like some of the greats (Pryor, Murphy, Carlin, Seinfeld, Rock) but I don't tend to listen to their stuff anymore. It can sound a bit dated.

Robin Williams was amazing but I'm not sure I'd call it stand-up. More like free-form improvisation around a frame.

EDIT: Almost forgot Mitch Hedberg.
RIP Mitch, I loved his stuff

Butchy Dakkar

Oct 3, 2020
Wasn't that due to the vetting of all of the investors involved with Andlauer?

I agree it took way too long though, particularly getting to the winning bid, which is less to do with the NHL (I think)

It would have been great to have everything settled in the summer

On a side note, speaking of getting screwed by the NHL (first round pick), Vegas should lose a pic for all of the LTIR nonsense

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Wasn't that due to the vetting of all of the investors involved with Andlauer?

I agree it took way too long though, particularly getting to the winning bid, which is less to do with the NHL (I think)

It would have been great to have everything settled in the summer

On a side note, speaking of getting screwed by the NHL (first round pick), Vegas should lose a pic for all of the LTIR nonsense
There was a year of vetting. They kept letting new groups in after it started and doing another round of bids. How did he get the team if his bid wasn't vetted first? Here's the team...just let us check everything first? He got the team because they checked everything and then they dragged thier feet when it came time to give him the keys. When the league wants something done, it gets done. If they don't, it doesn't.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
There was a year of vetting. They kept letting new groups in after it started and doing another round of bids. How did he get the team if his bid wasn't vetted first? Here's the team...just let us check everything first? He got the team because they checked everything and then they dragged thier feet when it came time to give him the keys. When the league wants something done, it gets done. If they don't, it doesn't.
There are more groups than advertised. Everyone knows that there is the Jeff York group which includes the Malhotra etc. What everyone doesn’t know is that there is another couple, husband/wife who put in 125million as well. So there are a number of investors that not everyone is privy too. This definitely allowed the process down.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
There are more groups than advertised. Everyone knows that there is the Jeff York group which includes the Malhotra etc. What everyone doesn’t know is that there is another couple, husband/wife who put in 125million as well. So there are a number of investors that not everyone is privy too. This definitely allowed the process down.
That would have been done before he was announced as owner. What's the NHL gonna do if some of the investors don't pass? "Ok everybody. Andlauer's bid didn't pass. He won't be the new owner after all. Can you all please come back so we can do this some more?"

Butchy Dakkar

Oct 3, 2020
That would have been done before he was announced as owner. What's the NHL gonna do if some of the investors don't pass? "Ok everybody. Andlauer's bid didn't pass. He won't be the new owner after all. Can you all please come back so we can do this some more?"
Wasn’t it after the successful bid was determined (after the prolonged gongshow) that the NHL vetting of owners/investors began?

From article mid-June:

"Subject to approval by both the National Hockey League and finalization of the sale process, Andlauer will assume control of the organization's operations," the Senators said.”

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Wasn’t it after the successful bid was determined (after the prolonged gongshow) that the NHL vetting of owners/investors began?

From article mid-June:

"Subject to approval by both the National Hockey League and finalization of the sale process, Andlauer will assume control of the organization's operations," the Senators said.”

Then what happened for the year before that, the gong show? The league is too smart to put themselves in the position to make that statement and then potentially have to walk it back if Andlaeur and his group didn't have the money. Nah. I'm not buying it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad