Recalled/Assigned: Andersson to Hartford

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Not surprised. I'm obviously a fan but I think the difference between Andersson playing 8-10 minutes a night and Chytil doing the same thing is Chytil was very noticeable in the limited ice time he was getting. Andersson is not standing out in either a positive or negative way when he's out there.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
I wish he brought more to the table with this stint, kinda hoping he would have blown up or forced Howden down. Obviously can't hurt for him to play more. He's only 20 and hopefully works on what the staff wants him to. I still believe in him to be a 2C/3C player. Time will tell.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I don't know if there's really a lot for him to learn or work on in the AHL. I think he's an NHL player and just needs more opportunity at that level. I guess the opportunity isn't there, though. This seems like spinning our wheels, but what do I know.

until guys are traded away there isn't ice time and even when guys were hurt he still wasn't given more...debate remains is he better off practicing in nhl or playing in ahl.

the thing that puzzles me though is they are willing to move him to wing for boo to center the 4th line but won't move him into the top 9 on wing when everyone was hurt.

Reactions: Lias Andersson

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Anyone know how many game days he was on the NHL roster for so far this year?

Just wondering how many more game/days until this will count towards an accrued NHL season, thus allowing him to reach UFA at age 26 or not?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
They should have left him alone in Hartford to continue to lead that team and put up big pts. Should never have brought him up. He’s not ready. He never looked ready.

He needs a full summer with an elite skating coach.

I’m pumped to see him going to a game on Feb 2nd against Rochester.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
I don't know if there's really a lot for him to learn or work on in the AHL. I think he's an NHL player and just needs more opportunity at that level. I guess the opportunity isn't there, though. This seems like spinning our wheels, but what do I know.

The Rangers are a “rebuilding” team and they don’t have a spot for their highest draft pick in 13 years.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze
Feb 27, 2002
NYC

I think he can benefit from a stint down there. Let him regain some confidence. Let him rediscover what makes him effective and get him feeling good about his game again. Let him play meaningful minutes.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
The Rangers are a “rebuilding” team and they don’t have a spot for their highest draft pick in 13 years.

That’s on the kid they picked more than anything. He’s not an nhler right now. Plenty of injuries plenty of opportunity to earn more ice time in this lineup and he’s done next to nothing outside that nice set up to boo the other night.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Yes, let’s rush the kid and force him into the roster bc of where he was drafted instead of judging his performance and doing what’s best for his development. Great idea!

Last edited:
Reactions: mike14

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Oh please. He didnt deserve to be in the top 9. Stop it. He hasnt played well. Hasnt played bad, hasnt been good. He is just there. And that is not enough for the coach to move him up. He was given NHL minutes, although limited to the 4th line, and he just didnt do enough. He is a step behind the play more often than not. He is not making things happen. He doesnt possess the puck enough nor does his line while he is out there.

Go down to the AHL and continue to work on your game. He should work on his skating in the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad