Rumor: Andersson going back to Sweden after the playoffs?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's pretty strange a young guy planning on packing it up in the NHL is on the playoff roster. But whatever. I don't have anything bad to say about Andersson. He's in the long list of players that come and go in the league. Cory Emmerton and Jan Mursak, I hope you're doing well, too.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
It's pretty strange a young guy planning on packing it up in the NHL is on the playoff roster. But whatever. I don't have anything bad to say about Andersson. He's in the long list of players that come and go in the league. Cory Emmerton and Jan Mursak, I hope you're doing well, too.

Sums it up for me.

He's serviceable. But has no future on the Wings. All the best to him just not on this team.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I like Anderson. He works hard and maximizes his ability but he just doesn't have the talent to stick in the NHL IMHO. He doesn't have a niche, not a good skater, not a good shooter or passer and he's not real physical. I always appreciate his effort though

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
That Brunner-Anderson-Gus line was a lot of fun to watch. Gave Anaheim fits.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
if he goes, i wish him all the best. the guy works hard and gets a fair amount out of his limited talent. he's far from the worst player i've seen on detroit, and while i agree that we have better options, the play he made to set up AA's goal the other night was very good. he gives his all and tries his hardest, and that's all you can ask.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Not a big loss but it certainly is nice to have a serviceable player that can clear waivers.. He was a luxury for this team but doesn't have much of a future so its difficult to say he will be missed.

Best of luck Joakim, maybe he can find more of his game in Sweden.

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
Why would any self-proclaimed Red Wings fan want him to leave? Andersson will most likely not be claimed if he were to be waived again, his cap hit will not become any sort of problem and Detroit might need a NHL center in a pinch with Datsyuk, Richards and Helm perhaps leaving and both Larkin and Athanasiou playing as wingers.

Gruß,
BSHH

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Why would any self-proclaimed Red Wings fan want him to leave? Andersson will most likely not be claimed if he were to be waived again, his cap hit will not become any sort of problem and Detroit might need a NHL center in a pinch with Datsyuk, Richards and Helm perhaps leaving and both Larkin and Athanasiou playing as wingers.

Gruß,
BSHH

4th line(barely).

UFA. Rather try Nosek.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I love his work rate. The guy is tireless in terms of improvement. He just is what he is and that is a tweener in terms of AHL and NHL. But I am a big fan of Andy and I think he can be a significant player in Sweden kind of like Ericsson's brother. I expect to see him at a few international tournaments down the road. I hope it goes well for him, I will remain a big fan of the guy and I will watch his career with interest.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Like saying goodbye to Rayburn. Not sad just disappointed he wasn't better

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Hard-working guy, always liked his work ethic if nothing else. He's had some good moments for the Wings and as you could see in Game 3, he actually has some skill. Just not a good enough skater to be more than a borderline NHLer.

It's a better situation for guys like him to be a star at home in Sweden instead of being a good AHL player that gets called up to the NHL every now and then. So I'm not surprised.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Gruß,
BSHH

Because we know what he brings and it's about as basic as it gets? I would much rather try something new than stick with what is nothing more than adequate. Especially when it would be to our benefit to know who is ready or capable of being a center with Nosek, Larkin and AA in the bunch.

Andersson is fine but I'll never be a fan of 4th liners with size who don't bring a physical edge, even sporadically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad